Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JOSE_A Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 03:44 PM
    Does the 5 year count to be a citizen start from Adv. Parole/EAD or AOS
    I studied in the US for 2 years on a F1 and have been working for 8 years now.
    After being a H1B visa for 6 years, I have had an EAD and an 'Advance Parole' for 2 years now. The 'Adjustment of Status'-I485 (and hence the greencard) is still nowhere in sight with the processing dates being retrogressed ever so often.

Does the 5 year count to be a US-citizen start from the day I receive my 'Adjustment of Status' or has it already begun from when I received my advance-parole/EAD?

Thank you!
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 17, 2008, 05:13 PM

The so called "5 years" term starts from the date you GC's issued. When you receive your GC, look at the date on the card and start from there...
    tata85usa Posts: 43, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2008, 07:23 PM

I am sorry what the GC's is ?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 29, 2008, 08:09 PM

Green card...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax for first year H-1b visa holder: chinese citizen [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Expert: I came to US in 2005 with F-1 visa. I got my OPT in October 2006 and got my H-1b visa February 2007. Now which form should I file? IRS mailed me a 1040 NR form but when I was using a free software online, it generatee a 1040 form for me. I emailed that company about my situation,...

2 year tax exemption for Hungarian citizen in the US [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a Hungarian citizen, I came to Oregon in 2005 (April 14th), and have been working at the university (OHSU) as research instructor since April 15th. I have a J1 visa. According to the Hungarian Tax Treaty (Article 17 I think) I have been exempt from all income taxes (Federal, State, SS...

Marriage law between a Turkish citizen and Greek citizen [ 0 Answers ]

To whom it may concern ı would like to find out if a Turkish citizen gets married in Greece with a Greek citizen does the Turkish citizen has to wait and remain in Greece until her residant permit arrives? Doesn't she aloud to travel abroad before the resident permit document arrives? How...

View more questions Search