Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debtdiva Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2008, 02:50 PM
    I Have Reason to Believe that Someone has Remote Access to My computer
    I am in a highly competitive industry. I believe that someone has access to my system. I have noticed that certain highly sensitive files are simply gone. I am a content writer and outside of basic meta tagging and site evaluations I know nothing about security. I would really appreciate some feedback. Is there a way to define the IP address of the intruder?
    Thanks for any help.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2008, 02:52 PM

It's possible if your computer is set up for remote access and someone has your password. Do you have a Mac or a Windows machine? You should repost your question in the computers section of this forum. The right people will see it and can help you.
    aaj2008 Posts: 139, Reputation: 7

Nov 5, 2008, 02:53 PM

Firewall. Software for viruses such as Norton or McAfee. Run system scans... save your work to a flash drive or disks rather than to your system if they are that important. And there are ways to actually hack the other person if they are connected to you :) Kind of illegal but just telling you.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2008, 10:48 PM

Hi, debtdiva!

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I just moved your question that you had posted in Introductions to this topic area so that it would get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer it. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little about yourself though, if you would be willing to do that.

I do note that you've already received a couple of responses to your question. It will be more likely to get even more responses now.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Network Management/remote access [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all doing a study into the security, reliability, management and using remote access tools of a network of a world wide oil company with locations on shore and off shore. Was wondering if anybody could come up with any suggestions or existing solutions to the above. Topics of discussion...

Remote access [ 4 Answers ]

Our ex (?) friend can remotely access our computer. (We did not authorize he just helped himself to the priveledge on the pretext of helping my husband with eBay purchases. What can we do? Can he access our personal computer information, i.e. on line credit purchases? How do we disarm him...

Computer rebooting for no apparent reason! [ 2 Answers ]

I looked around the forum and found a lot of people have had this problem, but none that matched mine... Anyway,mine started 2 days ago when the first random reboot happened after I opened up a little program to check the cpu core temperature (coretemp.exe). I've been using it for a week and...

Computer reboots for no reason [ 4 Answers ]

Could someone help me with this problem. I am running XP that has all of the updates from MicroSoft. For no reason it will shut down and reboot while I'm looking at things on the net or reading the AJC paper on-line. I have NOD32 virus protection and ewido 3.5 mal-ware protection. I just totally...

View more questions Search