Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SDSFive Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2008, 10:27 AM
    What's this girl thinking?
    Pretty straight forward situation just curious to as to what you all think.

Im 22, finishing up school, and so is she. We had a class together that's how we met. After about a month or two I invited her out to a concert, we both had a really good time. I haven't had that good of a time on a date in a while. She was asking about things like my past relationships, she seemed pretty interested in my dating history. ( good or bad?)
    She mentioned that she stayed with her ex because she was afraid of being alone. (red flag?)

We had some drinks at a party after the show, and ended up kissing, and generally being pretty damn flirty with each other. The thing is though we were both tipsy and Im into this girl so I don't want to take things to fast.

Now the tricky part.

We don't have class together anymore so the only way for us to see each other is if we plan it, and I want to see her, but I don't want to seem like I'm coming on too strong.

So how should I approach this? What do you think>? I realize I'm thinking into this a lot but this is one of the rare ones that come around and I really don't want to it up haha.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 27, 2008, 11:22 AM

Calling up a girl and asking her out on a planned date is NOT coming on too strong.

Complimenting a girl's looks, activities, involvements... that's NOT coming on strong if the compliments are simple and sincere.

Pawing all over her every date, getting desperate if she isn't available every time you ask, acting like she already owes you anything because you've gone out a time or two... THAT'S coming on too strong.

You can be normal, right? You can go to dinner and a movie and not come home thinking your universe has just been created, right? You can just go on dates and enjoy each other's company and then plan something again later... right? You can do these things... RIGHT?

She's not a rare one. Neither are you. You are two normal, calm, busy people who are going to try to SANELY squeeze in some non-ohmygod-I-can't-live-without-you time with one another.

Right?

You're right, you're overthinking this. Cut it out. Be a calm, centered person.
    EN Ken Posts: 67, Reputation: 6

Oct 27, 2008, 06:24 PM

I wouldn't worry too much about coming on too strong.

In general, when a girl is attracted to you, as long as you don't do anything really outrageous, it's very hard to mess it up.

If you ask her out to a movie or just to chat over coffee that's pretty low-key and casual and cannot, in anyway, be interpreted as coming off too strong. Coming off too strong in this instance would be to invite her to a weekend in Paris or something equally extravagant.

Simply pick something the two of you guys can do that will allow you to get to know each other and spend some time together.

Good luck and have fun.
    irene94 Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Nov 1, 2008, 06:16 PM

Well it depend most girls need you too make that frist step what if she thinks the same thing girls always wait for guys too make there move take a chance if you don't you will always ask yourself what if
    AWess Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Nov 1, 2008, 09:06 PM

Wait, didn't you say she had a boyfriend??
    smitttyx2 Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2008, 01:46 PM

Well simply this you have her phone number right(cell) text her. See what she's doing that's definitely not coming on too strong and if u text or talk enough plan something

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Was semi-dating a girl, I can't stop thinking about her. What do I do? [ 10 Answers ]

Ok, here's the deal. A girl moved in next door about a year and 1/2 ago. I live with 2 other guys and she would always come over and hang out with all of us, come to the bars, and do all sorts of things with us. None of us hooked up with her or anything. She moved out last summer but stayed very...

Started thinking about a girl [ 3 Answers ]

At the beginning of the year I sarted seeing a girl. But she ended it befire it got seriouse. Recently I started thinking about her again (I don't no why), then a work colleague asked me about her this week, and I'm thinking about her more, now I really don't no what to do. What suggestion do...

What's a girl to do? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a woman who just turned 40. I have been in transition since I have been married, and now it is catching up with me. My husband, and daughters and I moved across the country to take a job that I thought would be wonderful for me and for the rest of my family. During the week I am a single...

Stop people thinking of me as a bully boyish girl! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My name is sophie, I am 5'8'' and I am 13. I've never had a b/f io think that is because I act like a brutal boy most of the time and frankly I am sick of it! For years I have been doing this and I don't know how to stop amd make them think diffrently of me. It is getting ot a point...

What's a girl to do? [ 1 Answers ]

I am 20 yrs old-my boyfriend is 34-he barely ever wants to have sex. Im a pretty girl, I mean 5'3 100 lbs, and take good care of myself. I've lived with him for about a yr and a half.been friends for 3 yrs. He had a huge crush on me the last yr. of being just friends. Asked me to move in with...

View more questions Search