Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fenderstrummer28 Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2008, 05:32 PM
    I hate my dad and says he's going to pull me outa school.
    OK so as I said in the headline... I hate my dad . I love him... but at the same time, I hate his guts, but what can I do you know. I'm only 16 and I can't run away. But that's not the point... so before summer ended... my dad had a stern talk with me about having a good year and making good grades. Because in the past I haven't made that good of grades. I mean it was actually a 2.5 but he does not like D's and F's.

But anyway he was saying that if I have the "same approach with school this year that i had last year" he's going to "pull me out of school" and not so much my mom but my dad is going to make me get a GED. And I didn't say anything because I didn't want to start anything but in my head I was like "phhhh!!! thats a bluff!!" it could be a bluff and it couldn't. And even though I really don't like school that much... I'm not going to quit it.

I'm wondering that if its not a bluff... that he can actually make me end my high school career and get a GED.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2008, 07:00 PM

You need to keep your grade in passing order. Your dad is not being unreasonable to ask this of you. I am not sure if he can legally pull you out of school, but he can make your life something unthinkable while you are living in his house. Do you get that all it would take is you giving a crap about yourself and your grades? That is all he is asking you to do. Go study, get your grades up and tell your dad you love him for looking out for you;)
    Do you need help or honestly just lazy? I have a 14 year old and I am always on him, making sure he gets his stuff done... he gets it done and he gets a free ride here in MY house.
    What would life be like at your house if you did your homework and got better grades?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Sep 21, 2008, 07:03 PM

Why don't you just do your school work. An education is like a pot of gold and you can take all you want. You can't spend it right now but in 15 years you will be able to. The education you get now will determine what kind of life you are going to have in the future. Your dad knows that.

Sep 21, 2008, 09:10 PM

Look... all you guys saying " just do ur work" I am. I got a 3.5 so far. So lay off!

I just want to know if he can really do that
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2008, 09:10 PM

All right... what state, I will look into it;)

Oh... and nice job:):)
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2008, 09:16 PM

I can't find anything that says he can or can't. Sorry. If you are doing this well, maybe you can just keep it up and make yourself and him happy!!
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Sep 21, 2008, 10:55 PM
    Your dad's right. A 2.5 sucks. You won't be able to get into any college but a community college with that. Get over it, you're being a brat. It's called tough love and your dad sounds like an amazing dad. So getting minimum wage your whole life sounds good to you because you were too lazy to even get your GED? Believe me, your life could be worse.

Sep 22, 2008, 06:07 PM

Haha you think I'm being a brat? I bet your dad never says anything to you like my dad does to me. You have no idea
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2008, 06:08 PM
    Fender, if you want to get something off your chest, this is the perfect place, but if you only give some of the story, we have no idea what your "bad" is. From what you have said, it sounds like he is just trying to get you to better yourself.;) That's all.
    avonlady Posts: 12, Reputation: 2
    -

Sep 24, 2008, 10:21 AM

Actually you can get into a junior college with a 2.5 in fact in my old college you could get into the education program with a 2.5 lol but anyway your dad is some what right do your best... he can't make you quit school I don't think.. and some lawmaker are trying to raise the drop out age from 16 to 18 but just do your best you have 2 more years to put up with him.. then you can move and do what you please.
    ramdom2170 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2008, 08:09 PM

Just wait till you have a demeaning job and you have to break a sweat in everything you do and get paid peanuts for it stay in school tough it out these are the best years of your life really the world is so cruel and will take advantage of you every chance it gets after high school join the air force or navy even the army and no you won't get killed in a war the statics are in your favor you become someone that will be able to stand on their own 2 feet and they will pay you for learning how to take care of yourself the service is a great move because after 20 years which fly by so fast you'll have a pension and if you are smart you could get a government job out of it at 55 you will be cofotably retired and you'll look back on your life and you will know that everything that you went through was worth it
    Enjoy your school life be a teenager as long as you can

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pull out faucet head parts [ 2 Answers ]

Need replacement parts for inside of head of Glacier Bay pull out pull out faucet. Can't find a web site for this product. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Four And Outa Control [ 1 Answers ]

My son is a good kid. He has had a lot of Confusion in his life lately. I personally Was in school and was going though Id guess You'd say a Mental Breakdown , so I let My son go and stay with my aunt. He is a fairly Hyper child. My question here is he acts out at school and My aunts house. With me...

Old school shower head [ 1 Answers ]

My house was built in '83. The original shower head is still in the shower. Changing it out is easy enough, except that at the end of the pipe coming out of the wall, there is a swivel ball thing stuck on the end of the pipe. The threaded piece that you screw the old shower head onto is above...

Faucet pull out knob and shower head dripping [ 1 Answers ]

I have an EMCO standard tub faucet. There is water draining out of the shower pull out knob and the shower head itself when I am just pouring a bath. Why is this happening and can I get parts to fix this problem? Also, I can’t figure how to remove the pull out knob thing to see if it’s a...

My Daughter Is Getting Outa Control [ 11 Answers ]

I Need Some Help Here!! I Have A 16 Year Old Daughter. She Is A Bright, Beautiful, Amazing Young Lady That Has Decided To Destroy Her Life. She Is Using Drugs Skipping School Doing Everything She Can To Disobay Everything I Say.I Got A Call From Her After She Took A Ride From A Boy Who Was High...

View more questions Search