Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pikachufannumber1 Posts: 98, Reputation: 6

Sep 19, 2008, 02:25 PM
    Shy Guy
    I just got my first boyfriend (YAY!! ) and today I just figured out he's shy about showing affection in public. I kind of am too, but I don't mind hugging (which is ALL we do, but works for me!) in public. He's such a sweet guy and is one of best friends, but without a hug to get me through the day I sometimes just cry because I let everything (I'm slowly getting over depression) back in because I don't have anything happy to think about. I want to tell him, but I don't want him to feel uncomfortable even if it's just giving me a hug the ONLY time we get to see each other at school. What do I do?

Thanks to anyone who helps...
    kminni01 Posts: 36, Reputation: 4

Sep 19, 2008, 02:33 PM
    Well, don't be afraid to tell him that you need some lovin' everyday. He should understand. Just keep in mind that a good relationship is an open minded one. Don't hesitate to let him know how you feel when you're not together. I know how depression can make you feel and I told my best friend that I felt terrible when I wasn't with him and he held me more and kept in touch everyday to make sure that I was happy everyday we were apart. Just tell him everything that ails you right now and he will be there for you. I hope I was of some help. :) Good luck to you! I wish you both a long and happy relationship!

<3 kt
    pikachufannumber1 Posts: 98, Reputation: 6

Sep 19, 2008, 02:37 PM
    Thanks. It's just I'm really hesitant at talking about those things because it's such an awkward subject...

I had planned on talking to him at Homecoming (our first date), but I've wanted to before then but I don't ever get the chance because we are never just alone so I can talk and when we are I'm usually sad (like yesterday, my back hurt so bad I was crying) so I get a hug which helps the sadness, but I miss my chance to talk.
    em_111 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2010, 05:36 AM

Well try and arrange to see him after school or something. Then talk to him. He should understand.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search