Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ravejewel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2008, 07:24 PM
    Why is the crust of my cheesecake so hard?
    I made mango cheesecake and the top layer turned out well but the crust was very hard. I had difficulty in cutting it. Did I put too much butter in the crushed biscuits or was it too little? Any advise would be good? Tks again:confused:
    CESElizabeth Posts: 81, Reputation: 7

Sep 16, 2008, 12:45 AM
    This is a guess, okay? Cheesecakes require low heat and proper timing. Most of the time the cause is baking too long or at too high a temperature and/or cooling too quickly. Keep baking temperatures low (300 to 325 degrees F, with a few exceptions), check the accurracy of your oven, and learn to take the cake out of the oven when it is still jiggly in the center. Remember that cheesecakes do not set until completely cool or even chilled. Cool a cheesecake slowly on the counter with a large bowl or pot inverted over it to keep the environment warm and moist. Also grease the sides of the pan before filing it so that the cake lets go of the pan as it cools and shrinks.

When it come to the crusts, measure the butter and sugar carefully with a "crumb" crust (I assume because you said biscuits) if there is to little of either, the crumbs will not cohere when patted into the pan. If there is too much, the crust may slip down the sides of the pan during baking and turn out hard and candylike. If the crust sticks to the bottom of the pan, set the bottom of the pan in a bowl of warm water for 1 minute.

Hope this helps, Frankie

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cheesecake for a dieter [ 22 Answers ]

I'm on a diet as many of you well know... I'm a FATTY, lol. :eek: I am madly in love with cheesecake, but I stay away because I'd eat too much and it would be a disaster. :o I love to cook, my question is this: Do you have any low fat or fat free cheesecake recipes that YOU would...

How to make cheesecake [ 7 Answers ]

:cool: I want to know what's the recipe for cheesecake :) please

Cheesecake Recipes [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for some yummy cheesecake recipes. Mainly a regular one that includes lemon zest and perhaps a raspberry one. Nice fluffy creamy cheesecake. Thanks ;)

Earths Crust [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me the thickness, in miles, of the earths crust, and scale for scale, how thick would that leave the shell of a table tennis ball? Thank you.

View more questions Search