Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fleacrowe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 10:48 AM
    My friend needs support
    My friend has been married a little over a year and she is going through problems like she is not sexualy attracted to her husband, she loves him but not in love, fellings of what would her life be like if this relationship would have been different with this person(not her husband). She tells me that the reason for staying is her son and the fact that her husband has been good to them and she don't want to hurt his feelings. What advice can I give her?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2008, 10:55 AM
    She needs to concentrate on how to make her marriage work and that this other guy may not be all that she imagines. The grass isn't always greener.
    Always_helping Posts: 76, Reputation: 15

Aug 4, 2008, 12:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fleacrowe
    my friend has been married a little over a year and she is going through problems like she is not sexualy attracted to her husband, she loves him but not in love, fellings of what would her life be like if this relationship would have been different with this person(not her husband). She tells me that the reason for staying is her son and the fact that her husband has been good to them and she don't want to hurt his feelings. what advice can I give her?
    Just a thought: With all due respect, maybe you are not qualified to give such advice.

I say this because I believe that there are quality marriage counselors that do great work.

Peace.
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Aug 4, 2008, 12:23 PM
    I get it, your just trying to be supportive. I think the best way to be a supportive friend is to let her know that she needs to really be sure of what she wants out of this. To pray on it, meditate or communicate with her husband before she makes any decisions and then let her know that you love her and will stand by her no matter what she decides and then let her come to you when she needs you. Other than that, this is her battle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slept with my neighbour/friend/ex's friend/he has a girlfriend [ 20 Answers ]

So I was drinking at my friends house when he showed up just in time to give me a ride home and we've lived across the road from each other for quite some time now and we were friends in grade 7 until now... we're both 19. I had a great night with him we were up until 6 and woke up at 9: 30 to do...

I fall in love with my best friend he still considers me just dear friend can I chang [ 6 Answers ]

I want to know if I can change the way he loves me , knowing that he always loves to talk with me Can this change? Can we become good couple? Thanks all...

The only way I can get back with my ex is if lose my friend which is his ex friend [ 8 Answers ]

Hi. What should I do?? Me and my ex broke up like a month ago and there were a couple of reasons but the main reason was because of his ex friend. In march like for a week me and his friend were talking but we never did anything.But so I told my ex about it and his ex friend had did it with all of...

Can a man after paying support for 15 yrs request paternity and get support stopped [ 2 Answers ]

If a man paid child support for 15 yrs and begins to question paternity can he get this stopped

Family support/spouse support/alimony [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Northern California, I pay family support to my ex but is it the same than spouse+child support? How can I stop paying alimony to my ex who's getting married?

View more questions Search