Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    StickerHappy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2008, 11:32 PM
    Why is there two windows to choose from whenever I start my computer?
    Good Day!

I tried to reformat my Lg Notebook Computer, using the Recovery Cd that comes with it. But after I finish the reformat. I had two windows to choose from whenever I start my computer. What could have been the problem on my formatting.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
    rebel-2 Posts: 107, Reputation: 8

Jul 21, 2008, 07:11 PM
    Do you mean when you booted the computer up, there were two windows xp options to choose from in a dos like interface?

I think you may have installed another copy of windows on another partition. Get someone who knows about Pc's to check it out for you. And backup you're data. They can then delete the partitions and install a new windows on it.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 21, 2008, 10:35 PM
    I'm pretty sure that at SOME point in your reinstall process you were given an option to reformat and restore to original factory condition, or install a new WindowsXP OS without reformatting and you chose the wrong option.

Backup your data, then use the Recovery CD again and carefully choose the option(s) that wipe everything out during the reinstall.
    slyone2b Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2008, 09:24 AM
    Comment on JBeaucaire's post
    This exactly right

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Viruses in my computer using windows xp [ 4 Answers ]

this is my hjt log. My computer is running really slow and some times won't load pages at all. Can someone look at my log and give me advice on on how to fix it. Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2 Scan saved at 5:53:45 PM, on 27/02/2008 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE:...

Need to choose Computer Science Ph.d topic [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am Sambath, I have finished my M.sc in computer science and I like to do Ph.d. I am struggling to choose my topic. I am looking for middleware technology (mq-series,wbimb,weblogic) related topics. I greatly appreciate if some one helps me to get good topic. Regards, Sambath.

How do I reboot my computer and start frest as though it was a new computer [ 17 Answers ]

My computer is very slow I want to reboot it from the start

My computer is empty on windows xp [ 1 Answers ]

When I go to "my computer" none of my disk drives, scanners, etc show up. What happened, and what can I do to fix it?

View more questions Search