Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leukotopia Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2008, 05:55 AM
    How to make sure monobenzone is actually there.
    I recently purchased a cream (mono20%) from an online company.

I was happy at first but as a rather pessimistic person I started to have doubts.

I was wondering if there are any ways to test a substance for the presence of mono.

Are there any experiments you can carry out to make sure there is actually monobenzone in the mix?

Does it react with any other substances in a way that would identify it as monobenzone?
    mj2006 Posts: 86, Reputation: 4

Jul 4, 2008, 07:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by leukotopia

I was happy at first but as a rather pessimistic person I started to have doubts.

I was wondering if there are any ways to test a substance for the presence of mono.

Are there any experiments you can carry out to make sure there is actually monobenzone in the mix?

Does it react with any other substances in a way that would identify it as monobenzone?

This may help: Monobenzone occurs as a white, almost tasteless crystalline powder, soluble in alcohol and practically insoluble in water

Test it by putting some in alcohol or water... same goes for people who have the powder... I did this years ago and found out the powder I had back then wasn't real...

Let us know how you go if you do it and it works out...

Jul 4, 2008, 10:54 AM
    I will do that as soon as I get hold of some Vodka to use.

Thanks.

X
    Vicky_D Posts: 254, Reputation: 19

Jul 4, 2008, 11:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mj2006
    This may help: Monobenzone occurs as a white, almost tasteless crystalline powder, soluble in alcohol and practically insoluble in water

test it by putting some in alcohol or water...same goes for people who have the powder...i did this years ago and found out the powder i had back then wasnt real...

let us know how you go if you do it and it works out...
    You say that you should put it in alcohol, but what then? You put it in the alcohol and what should happen if it's real? What should happen if it's fake?

You can see the crystals in the monobenzone (if you have powder). And of course it's white. If you have the cream, I don't know what to tell you.

I will do that as soon as I get hold of some Vodka to use.

Thanks.

x
    VODKA?!

HAHAHAHA!

I don't think you should use that kind of alcohol. Try Ethyl alcohol. This is the closest to what is actually in benoquin (not monobenzone powder, but incldued with the brand name cream).

Jul 6, 2008, 04:36 PM
    Lol…

I may try to get some ethyl alcohol though, …
    I tried a small test using some vodka and the results were…

Water: the cream settled into clumps, which would not dissolve into it, some crystals floated around.

Alcohol (white rum:(….): the cream dissolved and crystals were left floating around.

This sounds positive, though I would like to hear what anyone thinks.

X
    RedDiamond Posts: 359, Reputation: 9

Jul 6, 2008, 05:46 PM
    I know when I applied mono it tingled/burned a little but that's normal. IT it last over 10-15 min then wash it off and apply a smaller amount.

Jul 8, 2008, 05:51 PM
    Also, how long should mono be left on for before washing off?
    mj2006 Posts: 86, Reputation: 4

Jul 8, 2008, 08:35 PM
    Also, how long should mono be left on for before washing off?

I would say leave it on for around 2 to 3 hours at least... I don't wash it off until my main showers in the morning... I keep applying it through the day and then in the morning wash it all off and start over...
    Im not sure of this keeping cold business while applying either... as what I have heard for years, is that when the skin is still hot and the pores are open, is the best way for the mono to get absorbed... if the skin is cold, the pores a closed and the mono won't really go in...
    But maybe I'm wrong? I don't know...
    Cyprine Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Jul 13, 2008, 07:10 PM
    Avoid hassles:
    Ethyl alcohol is ethanol (liquor)
    jawon4u Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2008, 02:59 AM

If it doesn't burn your skin and doesn't peel your skin in two weeks its not benoquin trust me Im experienced with it
    RedDiamond Posts: 359, Reputation: 9

Jul 17, 2008, 09:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jawon4u
    if it doesnt burn your skin and dosent peel your skin in two weeks its not benoquin trust me Im experienced with it
    Amen! I am in that condition right now!
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2008, 11:20 AM
    Hi everyone

I think everyone lightenss differently, so two weeks may be OK for some peoplle and for others it takes longer, the first time I put on mono I felt burning, but for a friend of mine she did not experience anything, so individual results will vary.

Ohh and one more thing has anyone experienced a change in their hormone levels, like what I mean do you find that you sweat a lot more while on mono, for the first few weeks I woke up at night to find my clothing and bedsheet soaking wet, LIKE I MEAN YOU CAN RING OUT THE CLOTHES AND SEE THE WATER FLOW, LIKE MY NIGHTGOWN WAS Completely SATURATED. I know this sounds gross but has anyone had the same experience.

Let me know
    lighterrr

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Has anyone tried monobenzone? [ 2 Answers ]

Well, I´ve been told that the best cream for permanent skinwhitening is the monobenzone. If you use it right it can give you amazing results, but I do not know where to find it since it is hard dermatologists give you a prescription for it... Has any one used it? Where can I get it?

View more questions Search