Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cinlo09 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2008, 12:50 PM
    To young?but ready
    I'm 17 about to be 18 in September... so my boyfriend &i are getting married... am I too young?. I really love him and know he loves me too... I can't live without him any longer but I'm so confused by hearing all these adults telling us to wait... what do I do I need advice...
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 28, 2008, 01:24 PM
    I think you already know the answer. If you are asking whether you are too young, then obviously you are. It seems to me that you are on the fence about this, it's best to wait until you know for sure that this is the right time to get married. Also, you can't live without him? That's not a reason to get married. There is nothing to lose by waiting, if you really love each other now, then that love should still be there in 7 or 8 years, so no hurry. I say wait, 17 is way to young to get married, and marriage isn't easy even when you are old enough. It's a disaster waiting to happen.

Good luck.
    IM4U Posts: 156, Reputation: 16

Jun 28, 2008, 01:27 PM
    "I can't live without him anymore."

So why are you asking our thoughts on the matter? I wonder if you have some real reservations about the whole thing and you think some adult opinions might be helpful.

I do commend you for your wisdom of asking for the wisdom of others. I suspect you are going to get some helpful answers here. Watch for them.

In my opinion (and this may take some thought), a person is not mature enough to live with someone until that person is mature enough to live without that someone.

You are welcome to ask for explanation or clarification if the meanining does not come through.

You might consider the ten areas of marriage adjustment at livingwellhope.com. After arriving at the site, click on "Family Articles" and then take a look at the discussion list on marriage.
    ugonna Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2008, 01:29 PM
    Well if you ask me I think yes you are till too young, but if the love between you guys is so strong then I require you guys wait a few more years because there's nothing like true love and also isn't it better to wait now for each other instead of saying had I known later so it's just a few years you guys can wait but if you think you are matured and really can't wait well no ones the boss of your life.
    dimples1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2008, 07:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cinlo09
    im 17 about to be 18 in september...so my boyfriend &i are getting married....am i too young?...i really love him and know he loves me too....i can't live without him any longer but im so confused by hearing all these adults telling us to wait...what do i do i need advice...

Listen this is what you do if your ready and you love him nobody's comments should matter but if you get the feeling that you are to young but you love him then tell him that your not ready and if he love's you like he says he does he will wait for a while:D
    happylady123 Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Jul 3, 2008, 07:37 PM
    Reading your post I have a feeling that many people have told you that you are to young to be married . I myself have to agree I think 18 is to young, but I don't think it makes a difference what people tell you, I think that in the end you will get married because it's what you want. I feel that in cases such as this people have to learn from their mistakes (I'm not saying you are not in love or anything but it's just a fact that most teen marriages don't last.)
    Just realize you are only young once and being young goes by very fast. You wouldn't want to rush away your life just because you love someone. It's okay to be in love and not be married.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How young is too young when it comes to your virginity? [ 41 Answers ]

This girl who's interested in me recently told me that she lost hers at 14.The legal age here is 16.Im not sure whether to be put off by this because it seems a bit young. She said she's never had sex after that but that's not the point.woulnt care if she's a virgin or not but not sure if I should...

Am I ready [ 7 Answers ]

The boy I go out with has been my best friend for a year and a few months We fell for each other then realized how much we liked each other and started dating. He is the sweetest boy I know and I love him a lot and I really hope I stay with him forever. This is the first time I have fell for a...

Should I be ready for another one? [ 3 Answers ]

I just got out of a relationship where I was cheated on.. I have been Single For a month and I have been hanging out with just about everyone. Haven't had sex since My ex dumped me.. Or right after with him.. I have been hanging out with this Friend of mine, who I've know Since High school. He is...

When he's ready? [ 2 Answers ]

:) How can you tell when you've been together long enough to ask the guy about marrying... and what are some signs he's ready with you... I think a guys opinion might be most insightfull...

View more questions Search