Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mike_flyer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2003, 07:53 AM
    Taskbar Location Problem
    On starting my PC today , to my dismay , the desktop taskbar has moved to the right hand edge of the screen. I have tried to 'drag' it back to the bottom edge of the screen but it does not work. I have also tried right click - taskbar options , but nothing there seems to restore it to the bottom of the screen. Running win98SE. Any help would be most appreciated , Thanks , Mike
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 27, 2003, 09:31 AM
    Taskbar Location Problem
    You have to drag it back to the bottom. Left click on a blank area and hold down the left mouse button and then drag all the way to the bottom. You will not see it drag until you get to the bottom when an outline of the bar will appear. Then let go.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2003, 11:39 AM
    Taskbar Location Problem
    HI,
    Scott has a good answer, but it's hard to find exactly where to begin dragging.
    Left click on the top of the bar, hold down the mouse key, and drag toward the opposite side of the screen, then drag toward the bottom.
    Let go.
    If this doesn't work, keep trying to drag it by selecting different points on the bar.
    It is sometime difficult to find the right spot, but keep trying... you will find it.
    Fredg
    Sparda Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Jul 7, 2004, 07:16 PM
    Taskbar Location Problem
    Even thow this is the section for n00b's I agree sole heartedly with disphf Right click a empty space on task bar make sure the "Locl the Taskbar" thing is UNchaecked (if it isn't just click it to uncheck it) then drag it to bottom of screen and lock it again so it doesn't happen again, but don't blame scote he has Yahoo Messenger (almost as bad as MSN messenger but better then AOL messenger) , what do you expect
    gabyjan62 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2004, 12:10 PM
    Taskbar Location Problem
    It works I drug the stupid thing dowwn and around to the bottom thanks verrrrry much ;D
    Pearlyque Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2012, 10:44 PM
    My PC uses Vista and the desktop icon folders all ended up on the taskbar below next to the Start icon. How can I remove them and replace them back on desktop. They will not allow me to put them back or move them. I tried right clicking and unlocking and then locking the toolbars to see if that helped but it didn't. Why did they get moved and how can I put them back again?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taskbar Icons [ 4 Answers ]

I have a problem with the taskbar icons on a computer I am working on. They are abnormally small. The rest of the screen looks fine but the icons down in the bottom right hand corner of the screen next to the time and the quick launch toolbar are tiny. The icons are so small that, on the right...

Stuck taskbar [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone give me an idea of where to look to fix a stuck taskbar? I can move it around the screen, but can't slide it over to the right to compile the open windows. It shows the arrow but won't let me move it. Any ideas? And yes, I've made sure it wasn't locked. I've also clicked and unclicked...

WinXP Taskbar [ 2 Answers ]

:-[I removed my Internet Explorer from the task bar next to the Start button. I tried dragging it from the Start but it would not insert. I did add it toe the Links. I tried the microsoft.com FAQs, but did not help. You cannot believe how much time I have spent on this simplistic task. :( ...

WinXP Taskbar [ 4 Answers ]

:-[I removed my Internet Explorer icon from the task bar next to the Start button. I tried dragging it from the Start but it would not insert. I did add it to the Links. I tried the microsoft.com FAQs, but did not help. You cannot believe how much time I have spent on this simplistic task. ...

Taskbar Location Problem [ 1 Answers ]

On starting my PC today , to my dismay , the desktop taskbar has moved to the right hand edge of the screen. I have tried to 'drag' it back to the bottom edge of the screen but it does not work. I have also tried right click - taskbar options , but nothing there seems to restore it to the bottom of...

View more questions Search