Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DEdwards03 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2014, 06:35 PM
    Do's and dont's
    I'm 5 weeks 5 days pregnant, what are the precautions about me getting in the pool? Also, what are my precautions in GENERAL? As far as food wise, sleeping everything I should NOT eat and should NOT do. This is my first baby so I'm trying to be as careful as I possibly can. Also, before you go what are things I should do to maintain a healthy pregnancy? Just to make sure nothing goes on. I can use every detailed advice someone can give me.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 27, 2014, 06:56 PM
    You can swim. No danger there. Avoid tobacco, alcohol and drugs. You can take Tylenol (Acetaminophen) for pain, not Motrin (Ibuprophin). Get plenty of rest and eat a healthy diet.

And, by all means, make sure to take your prenatal vitamins.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2014, 05:30 AM
    Adding to J_9's advice:

* try to get some type of regular exercise... the swimming is great, walking, check out a yoga class or dvd for pregnancy, etc.

* you could ask your doctor or midwife ahead of time about what they would prefer you use should any health concern arise... for example, upset stomach, sore throat/cold, etc, which don't always show up during office hours (of course you can and should call them anytime you have a concern that worries you... that is what they are there for!)

* your doctor or midwife should give you a list of foods that are often suggested not to eat during pregnancy or find them in most pregnancy books or online... certain types of fish, soft cheeses not pasteurized, limit caffeine, etc.

* always use your seat belt when you are in a car (obviously you should always even when not pregnant)

* some hospitals or pregnancy centers will offer an early pregnancy class

* in addition to avoid tobacco use yourself, do your best to avoid second hand smoke as well

* some women find chatting with other newly pregnant women helpful and supportive.....you might find a local mommy group or there are many due date groups online, which often continue being supportive and sharing with each other well after babies are born (but be selective.....some will be very helpful and friendly, while others can be quite rude to each other)
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 28, 2014, 05:36 AM
    The internet is chock full of advice, there are tons of books, there are blogs, daily calendars - you could spend 2 hours a day for the next 18 years and not read it all.

Here's just one chat room Pregnancy Forums - BabyandBump Pregnancy, Baby & Parenting Forum

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

This is so low I dont even know where to go with it !!!! [ 116 Answers ]

Why oh why are we allowing this to happen? We are being flooded with children due to this administrations briliance yet again. Where is the money going to come from this time? How do we stop it? Obama's 'amnesty' for illegal immigrant minors sparks TWELVE-FOLD spike in numbers pouring across...

Sobering up do's and dont's [ 1 Answers ]

College Student 22. Needs sobering up. Looking for do's and dont's

Looking for my father-dont know his name [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for my father.He met my mother in Ayrshre Raffingora in Southern Rhodesia in 1959.I do not know his name.But I heard that he worked as a farm assistant at Best Farm in Raffingora/Ayrshire.He was about 25 years when I was born.He came from Dundee in Scotland.I heard he tried to bring me...

Dont-know-if-im-pregnant-parano [ 9 Answers ]

So me and this guy had sex a week ago and we used a condom, I don't think it broke or anything. We were really close friends and we have had sex a couple times before, but after this time, he just stopped talking to me. I am wondering why. But my body has been feeling really weird and Ive been...

View more questions Search