Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brown skin Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2008, 04:03 PM
    applebeee,sashimi,muna,mellowkat and SunshineNY, I'm in the same boat as all of you because I'm desperately trying to bleach my skin to my ultimate desire but I don't want this to turn out as mistake. SO GIRLS, I have been seriously thinking and doing research (HOMEWORK) on monobenzone V.S arbutin or(alpha arbutin). From my understanding they are both de-pigmenters but if a mistake suddenly happen, mono is a lot harder to reverse back to normal than arbutin. BELIEVE ME GUYS I WANT THIS DEAM TO BECOME TRUE JUST AS MUCH AS YOU but I welling to wait and do more research on the strongest drug (mono) BUT I am welling to try the second most powerful (arbutin).
    GIRLS tell me if you agree,disagree,or just give advice, I won't get mad for any reason
    Simply Jane Posts: 44, Reputation: 4
    -

Mar 17, 2008, 11:38 AM
    I'm so sorry to hear that, upon researching Mono, I realized that its just for people suffering from vitiligo, so I decided to go for a lighter one. Mono is extreme, I would never think of using it to lighten my skin,. no... no... no!
    applebeee Posts: 56, Reputation: 2

Mar 17, 2008, 11:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown skin
    applebeee,sashimi,muna,mellowkat and SunshineNY, I’m in the same boat as all of you because I’m desperately trying to bleach my skin to my ultimate desire but I don’t want this to turn out as mistake. SO GIRLS, I have been seriously thinking and doing research (HOMEWORK) on monobenzone V.S arbutin or(alpha arbutin). From my understanding they are both de-pigmenters but if a mistake suddenly happen, mono is alot harder to reverse back to normal than arbutin. BELIEVE ME GUYS I WANT THIS DEAM TO BECOME TRUE JUST AS MUCH AS YOU but I welling to wait and do more research on the strongest drug (mono) BUT I am welling to try the second most powerful (arbutin).
    GIRLS tell me if you agree,disagree,or just give advice, I won’t get mad for any reason
    Hi Brownskin.

I've been to many Dermatologist most of my life starting at age 13. I was diagnos with servere, cyst acne. This doctor would only put me on antibiotics. Later in life I was put on accutane to clear up my ance. It took a year to clear up. Once they were gone they never came back, not as servere anyway.

The only problem I was left with, was very dark acne marks on my face. My dermatalogist perscribe many different skin lighteners (sorry I can't remember the names of them) None of them work. I remember him saying he didn't want to put me on anything really strong because I'm African American and we don't tolerate skin lighteners to well. I also remember him telling me to use the cream on a small area of my body that's not noticeable to the public. I use it on a small area on my feet but never seen any results.

I would think we would all want to do the same thig right? You would use the mono everywhere on your body, not even your face at first use, right?

Mar 17, 2008, 12:10 PM
    Gloomy123, I'm sorry you had a bad experience with mono. I feel for you. I also thank you for warning us about the effects. I only wish that you would tell me your ethnic back ground and how you mix your mono and with what?

I heard of some people getting overwhelm by their products and over doing it. Not saying you did. I've been mixing my own creams for ever and had some awful results with hydroquinone and other lighteners. I've burnt my skin and just recently to the point where I had to stay home from work for over a month until my skin healed. When I say burnt. I mean the creams did the opposite by making me darker than my original skin color. But this happen before and I know what to do about. I just stop using it.

When my skin is starting to look like it's going back to my original skin color. I don't buy from that same buyer because obviously she sold me some bad creams.. geesh I sound like a drugy or something huh, lol

I buy from various places. Some people will sell you real creams and some fake.

Be safe everyone!

Mar 17, 2008, 12:47 PM
    OMG, I JUST CALLED HOME AND MY MONO IS IN!!

I'M SO EXCITED. I WANT TO LEAVE WORK EARLY JUST TO GO HOME AND TRY IT OUT. FORGET THE GYM TODAY! WOW SHIPPING WAS ONLY 10 DAYS! The seller told me it wold be 22 days from china to the usa hmmm...

I know this is a stupid question and idea but I'm going to ask anyway..

Can you mix mono and hydroquinone creams?

Please don't laugh.. It's just that I mix like 6 different creams and they work but they are not permanent

Well, I got to go. I will keep you all informed
    Brown skin Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2008, 02:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by applebeee
    OMG, I JUST CALLED HOME AND MY MONO IS IN!!!

I'M SO EXCITED. I WANT TO LEAVE WORK EARLY JUST TO GO HOME AND TRY IT OUT. FORGET THE GYM TODAY! WOW SHIPPING WAS ONLY 10 DAYS! The seller told me it wold be 22 days from china to the usa hmmm...

I know this is a stupid question and idea but I'm going to ask anyway..

Can you mix mono and hydroquinone creams?

please don't laugh.. It's just that I mix like 6 different creams and they work but they are not permanent

Well, i gotta go. I will keep you all informed
    Hi, if you are welling to share, I just want to know a couple things
    PM me the answers if it makes you more comfortable
    What company did you get mono from
    How much percentage are you planning to use, I think the safest is 1-2%
    How are you going to mix it? I have some pointer about mixing (lets see if we have the same idea):D

Mar 17, 2008, 07:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown skin
    hi, if you are welling to share, I just want to know a couple things
    PM me the answers if it makes you more comfortable
    what company did you get mono from
    how much percentage are you planning to use, I think the safest is 1-2%
    how are you going to mix it? i have some pointer about mixing (lets see if we have the same idea):D
    Ebay, 3% I mixed 2 tubes of mono creams with a half bottle of palmers lightener cream and 2 tablespoons of vit (e) oil. I'm going to order almond glow tonight and mix my other mono cream with it and use it on my face. I also use a soap my friend orders for me from nigeria. Which makes me light
    Sashimi Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2008, 07:46 PM
    Brownskin, Aplebeee, and Simply Jane,

Girls, I'm so comforted I'm not alone... we all want to depig, but not go entirely white... Brownskin and Aplebeee, you guys are black,r right? How about you, simply Jane? I'm Hispanic, so my skin might react a little differently, but I'm going to keep you guys posted on my progress. My plan is to apply the 3% mono on my feet only and let the baby work its way up, I know it sounds crazy, but I figure that's the safest way to go. Black skin is more sensitive and reactive, so my advice is that you guys apply to the feet only as well and keep them covered at all times. If you notice a spec of white, no matter how small, please stop immediately and consult with a dermatologist right away. I'll do the same. I think that's the only way to avoid the hideous side effects of this powerful drug. Also, I wanted to share with you that I ordered fallene total sunblock. Apparently, it shields all the UVA and UVB rays. I also bought a "drape" hat from coolibar, which sells clothes for sun protection. Let's declare war on unwanted melanine!!

Mar 19, 2008, 10:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sashimi
    Brownskin, Aplebeee, and Simply Jane,

Girls, I'm so comforted I'm not alone .... we all wanna depig, but not go entirely white ... Brownskin and Aplebeee, you guys are black,r right? How about you, simply Jane? I'm Hispanic, so my skin might react a little differently, but I'm gonna keep you guys posted on my progress. My plan is to apply the 3% mono on my feet only and let the baby work its way up, I know it sounds crazy, but I figure that's the safest way to go. Black skin is more sensitive and reactive, so my advice is that you guys apply to the feet only as well and keep them covered at all times. If you notice a spec of white, no matter how small, please stop immediately and consult with a dermatologist right away. I'll do the same. I think that's the only way to avoid the hideous side effects of this powerful drug. Also, I wanted to share with you that I ordered fallene total sunblock. Apparently, it shields all the UVA and UVB rays. I also bought a "drape" hat from coolibar, which sells clothes for sun protection. Let's declare war on unwanted melanine!!!!
    I guess my prive e-mail are getting around. I'm the one who told a couple of people that I would use mono on my toe first. A few people have mention the same thing after I sent an email on this start with the toe thing..

AMAZING how the word gets around. I'm not upset but glad my idea is getting around wow!
    muna Posts: 147, Reputation: 5
    -

Mar 19, 2008, 11:00 AM
    Of course it's a great idea, a few months ago someone mentioned the same thing about applying mono on feet or toes, and see what happens and then go up
    zina123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2008, 06:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by monobenzone_attention
    thanks.. i will stop using mono now
    I'm sorry to hear about what happen to you I have got two brown marks on my top lip and have try all cremes for the last two years that as just made things worse so now I make sure I use a good sun protection and the marks are getting ligher on they own
    faye7 Posts: 56, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2008, 05:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomy123
    NO!. I'M NOT COMFORTABLE AT ALL SHARING THAT HIDIOUS SIGHT. I don't want you all to see me. I'm embarassed, and ashamed of my looks and myself. NO, NO, NO.
    I'm sorry gloomy123 , but where you using mono or benequin? Or does it matter.glad that you care enough to share even in your pain you tried to help others

May 24, 2008, 07:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomy123
    I know that a lot of you are using monobenzone or compteplating on using it. well i'm hear to tell you that after 1yr. of monobenzone use my skin became disfigured. my arms, face, legs, cheast . is patch work of pink, brown, large patchess. and i've been going to dermatologist about it and they say that the the damage is irreversable. I just don't know what to do.

It started off good for a while about 7mos. then at the 8th month i noticed patches that were pink like a raw pink on the sides of my face inner thighs arms. and they were so sore. and my skin just kept peeling, peeling, so then after the pain subsided then that very raw red area became darken . And a ver noticeable darkening.

i'm so damn sorry and regret using monobenzone. my only hope now is to find a plastic surgeon that can hopefully fix my skin back.

I just don't know what to do. I just don't know. and that a lot of money that i invested in a product that i thought was going to lighten me but only damage my skin badly.

thought i share for those before it becomes to late
    Gloomy123 as I stated before I feel for you. I'm I asking too much for you to show me a picture of what you skin looks like, the damage that mono caused you?

Thank you,
    Marie
    BrinABrinAYo Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2008, 09:54 AM
    WOW gloomy123 I'm sorry you have to go through something like this... You sound so hurt, and I would be too. I was thinking about trying some saop substances just to lighten my face 1, 0r 2 shades to bring back my skin tone when I was younger, but from hearing all these stories I think I'm just going to live and love the skin I have now. Thanks for telling your story though, you changed my mind on ANY lightening or whitening products. Keep hope alive though, you'll find something or somebody who can help you out with your situation.
    sweetaroma Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

May 24, 2008, 05:09 PM
    Hi

In my theory gloomy mixed her monobenzone with something that caused her skin to mess up, because like she said she was OK for about a year ,then it started getting patchy. Within that year her skin was nice and lovely, but she wanted to be pale white .I don't use monobenzone anymore either, but dud du du osun african soap is great, its designed specifically for it since in nigeria, africa, and in many caribbean countries women use bleaching products as a daily skin regime. Gloomy you can become pretty again just have faith, it was a trial an error situation. Our skin and hair is our glory ladies, so gloomy I can imagine how you feel. I have had bad skin almost all my life off and on until I found what works for me.
    shermeetava Posts: 16, Reputation: 0
    -

May 24, 2008, 08:34 PM
    Sweetaroma, what website you go to to buy the dud du du osun african soap, is it like papaya soap?

May 25, 2008, 12:28 PM
    Hi shermeetava

You can also go to an african store if you have a african community nearby. But here is the link Dudu-Osun African Black Soap: The African Store.

May 25, 2008, 12:34 PM
    I don't know if it's like papaya soap I never used it. I know du du osun is designed to treat skin problemed skin, when you first use it use it sparingly please. I deal with a lot of africans so I have seen the before and after use with this soap. Also that ghana black soap is good these are all natural soaps, some people sell fake but I suggest shop at a african owned store or an online african store. Oh shea butter is good too for marks and stuff, these are all on this site just click on the link.
    baby_cakes_ Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 04:41 AM
    So people just don't care about the risk you know? I was one of them now I'm hidious and disfigured. Because I wanted to be lighter. And now I'm paying the price for vanity reasons. But I will tell you this use it... then wind up in the same boat as me, crying like I do all the now, shame and embarrassed. Then you'll know how I feel.

The opposite happened to me.. I was fair and I wanted to be golden stayed in the sun for ages and became so dark. Now the dark colour just won't go, I feel ugly now and am using a lightening product to get bak to my original colour. I can't begin to imagine how you feel, because I already know the pain of having something and ruining yourself only to want what you had in the first place.. I'm sorry this happened to you.
    skingovernment Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 06:17 AM
    Wow. Pinoys are really obsessed with getting white. Someone had a terrible experience with mono and others are still hot about putting it on their skin. The moment you look like a dalmatian you'll long for the skin you've had before.

And guess what? The reason why caucasians age faster than any other race on the planet is because they produce little melanin. Don't destroy the melanocytes that maybe your ticket to looking young later on... especially if you live in a tropical country.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Skin lightening [ 2 Answers ]

How can I make my skin become fairer quickly at home?

Skin lightening for dark Afro skin/ max result [ 72 Answers ]

Hey, I've been reading the forums, it is so much info to absorb. Is their anyone who has had dark Afro- Amer or Afro- Carib and are know a fairer and more even complexion from using skin lighteners. If so can you lead me in a direction, I am willing to use any regime just not too expensive. Thanks...

Experts of monobenzone, I can use your lending hand about bleaching my skin [ 22 Answers ]

Please, Is their anyone I can TRUST! All response are welcome, I looking for someone who is very informed and have Experienced monobenzone (power or cream) skin bleaching agent. I am very interested in bleaching my skin 3-4 shades lighter. Things I would love to known; Personal experience...

Damage skin from using monobenzone? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm just curious to know is their anyone out there that has sufferd damage skin due to monobenzone use? And if so can you share your experience? I hear a lot of good stories about monobenzone but nobody wants to talk about the downside and in what time frame has one experience problems Thanks...

View more questions Search