Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HaleyPosey Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Oct 31, 2007, 07:47 PM
    I'm 18 and my parents won't let me leave my house
    My parents won't let me leave my house I've been 18 for 2 months and I'm ready to leave. Their being unfair about things. I left last night and they got the school involved in it so I might be kicked out of school tomorrow.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 31, 2007, 07:48 PM
    Um, what part of the story are you leaving out? Hmmmm, something is missing, parents don't just up and do this for NO reason.

Oct 31, 2007, 07:50 PM
    They can't do that though theyv;e treated me wrong all my life and I want out.
    Expert

Oct 31, 2007, 07:53 PM
    You are 18, just get up and move out. You are a legal adult.

You are still leaving out the entire story. There has to be a reason. You live under their roof, you abide by their laws.

Oct 31, 2007, 07:55 PM
    I have a place to stay. I have a job and everything they threaten to call the police because I'm still in school. I'm a senior in high school.
    Expert

Oct 31, 2007, 07:57 PM
    Then I suppose you live by their laws, like it or not.

So, what did you do to earn this treatment?

You really will not get good advice until you tell the WHOLE story.

Oct 31, 2007, 07:59 PM
    I'm not leaving ANYTHING out they treat me bad and I haven't done anything. I have some where else to live and be capable of being happy. What should I do?
    Melon811 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2010, 01:00 PM
    Well I have the same situation, I'm the oldest (19 years old) right now in the family, I'm always treated like the "maid" my parents leave the house they tell me what to do what to clean, yet they come back see everything done and don't say a thanks, they come back saying you forgot to do this this isn't done right, can't they get happy that I at least done it I've always followed my mother everywhere, I always have to go with her to every store... and I'm tired of being there, my little brother it old him once to clean and he's like " i didn't throw it you clean it! thats why u are here" imagine? so I decided to get out and move in with the boyfriend but my parents always told me that I can't leave until I'm Twenty one and I want to make sure if it is true or if I can leave, I know in some state it depends in many states, so I live in Chicago IL, and I want to make sure I won't get into any trouble moving in with a 25 year old man because I know my parents would call the police and look for me and we don't want that. So I want advice before I move out and go away to live with the boyfriend... I n know a lot of people that say you are making a mistake but just think wouldn't it be the same? At the house and with him ? I rader be with him because he knows what I'm going through and he helps me out when I cry about how they treat me... please respond A.S.A.P
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2010, 06:52 AM

Since you're still in school, then you're still under their control.

Just be patient until after graduation, then you should be free to move out.
    Bbeauty17 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2011, 08:09 AM
    Well I'm 17 and I want to move out and live with my boyfriend. My mom basically abuse me and I don't want it to have to get judge and police involved so I just want to leave but I cant. She don't allow me to go anywhere or even leave the house except for school. If I don't leave I might just end up killing myself or dying in this house.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My house guest won't leave [ 3 Answers ]

I invited my friend of 10 + years and her daughter to move in with me while she find a job and a house (she was evicted from her apartment). A year + later, she still at my house without no job. I asked her to leave 7 months ago, and she still has not moved out. I just sent her a certified letter...

When can I take my baby and leave my parents house [ 7 Answers ]

Ok I'm 16 years old and have a 5 month old baby... my parents are trying to control everything I do they won't let me raise my kid they are trying to take over... when can I legally move out so I can raise my baby myself with the help of the daddy??

Getting someone to leave your house [ 5 Answers ]

In the beginning I rented the second room in my 2/2 apartment to someone I was involved with several years ago. He has always dwelled in his own room and their is no romantic issues. We did not sign/write a lease. I knew it would be in my best interest but this is someone I trusted and thought...

Can I get a loan on my parents house [ 2 Answers ]

Greetings, I am nearing the end of a pretty messy and expensive divorce. I am going to be about £35000 in the hole at the end of it all and do not have many options for paying it back in a hurry. Obviously I would like to be able to have a life and still be able to do things. My parents have...

View more questions Search