Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adeek007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2006, 03:30 PM
    The network path was not found
    Hi,
    I have a problem in my network I'm connected to two pcs directly through cat.5 yellow color cable. In pc1 I can brows p2 but pc2 can't show me pc1 when I try to find pc1 it gives me an error " The network path was not found " guide me where I'm doing mistake.. :o
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Dec 22, 2006, 08:09 AM
    To connect two PC's in this fashion, first you must use a cross-over cable. This is different than a standard cat5 cable. Once you have this, run the Network Setup wizard to configure the PC's.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 22, 2006, 08:11 AM
    It sounds like you have a crossover cable otherwise you wouldn't be able to see either PC. The color doesn't matter.

In a direct connection you need to assign IP addresses to each. Have you done that? Have you enabled File and Print sharing? Have you setup shared respurced on both PCs?
    metallicite Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2007, 07:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by adeek007
    hi,
    i have a problem in my network im connected to two pcs directly through cat.5 yellow color cable. in pc1 i can brows p2 but pc2 can't show me pc1 when i try to find pc1 it gives me an error " The network path was not found " guide me where im doing mistake..:o
    If you can see pc1 icon on pc2's "View workgroup computers" but when you click on it it says "The network path was not found" pc1's firewall could be blocking it.

Try disable your virus/firewall program for a short while on pc1 then see if you can access pc1 from pc2.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The network path was not found [ 12 Answers ]

I try to connect my laptop to the desktop at home, after connecting all the required wires, the internet sharing is working, I can using the laptop online. The problem is when I clicked "My network place" I could not see both computers, therefore I cannot shares all the files from both...

Network path [ 4 Answers ]

Hi :o When I access a computer with IP ,which is in my LAN . Then a error is occurred --No network provider accepted the given network path. Suggess for this problem.

Network path not found ! [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I've installed a fresh windows 2003 server, and created just one user for testing purpose, and shared one directory on a different partion on the same hard disk. The problem is : I can log in with the user administrator from the workstation "WIN-XP running the latest update...

Network Path Not Found [ 1 Answers ]

I setup ADSL modem+router+firewall from one client computer on win 2003 domain server. Internet sharing is working fine within the network with IP class 192.168.16.x But the problem raise when I want to browse the mapping drive that had been set on the client computer I set the ADSL modem. I got...

View more questions Search