Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Arivera112 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 10:26 AM
    Unable to locate clean out.
    Hello,

I have a toilet backing up into a tub. I can not find my clean out outside, does any one have any ideas or know of any trick to locate it besides digging up the yard?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 29, 2007, 02:25 PM
    If you even have a clean out it may be on the main sewer pipe going into your basement floor or wall. The obstruction could be back nearer to the tub and toilet. You can remove the toilet and rod or power rod from that point. You will get sewer gases so plan to ventilate and buy a the new wax ring for the toilet before you start the project.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 29, 2007, 05:10 PM
    In the Tampa Bay Area we are mandated to install a clean out not over 18" off the foundation and bring it up to grade. Time can sometimes cover it over with dirt so probe around the house with a pointy rod to locate it.
    But WAIT! It's probably not out in the main or the entire house would be stopped up. Snake the clog from the lavatory roof vent. Put out enough cable to reach the base and 20 feet more. Good luck, Tom
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 29, 2007, 05:50 PM
    Speedball is lucky to live in a nice warm area. We folks in Illinois don't have exterior clean outs. They are all located inside the foundation. Home built earlier than the 60s often don't have clean outs at all. They used to use something called a buffelo box buried in your front yard.
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 29, 2007, 05:52 PM
    We moved from Rockford to Sarasota 52 years ago and never regretted it. Regards, Tom

Jan 29, 2007, 08:53 PM
    You are one hot man! Yeah, baby... ummm... (pant, pant.. ahhh)
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2007, 08:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Arivera112
    You are one hot man! Yeah, baby... ummm........ (pant, pant.. ahhh)
    Ummmmm...

TMI, dude.

Jan 30, 2007, 03:57 PM
    To all:
    The comment "you are one hot man" was not written by me, that is what happens when you allow your girlfriend to read the responses and she thinks she is being cute! I apologize on her behalf and thank all of you for your responses.
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 30, 2007, 04:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Arivera112
    To all:
    The comment "you are one hot man" was not written by me, that is what happens when you allow your girlfriend to read the responses and she thinks she is being cute! I apologize on her behalf and thank all of you for your responses.
    That's kwell! Just lay a intro to the girlfriend on me! Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to locate someone in greece [ 2 Answers ]

Anybody knows how can I find a person in athens greece? I have his parents name and his birth date but I still can't find his address or phone?I tried greek white pages but he is not listed.

Can't locate install.log [ 7 Answers ]

While my son was recently playing a game called Empires, it froze for a moment and he was able to exit the game. From then on, the colors on the screen were all snowy and it isn't using all the colors. Dell support told me I had to go in and uninstall the games he was playing and reinstall...

How to locate bad breaker [ 2 Answers ]

I have a bad breaker on one of central ac units. However there are no labels on the panel to identify which breaker goes to what. How do I tell which breaker goes to the ac unit that has no power. I installed a new switch in the attic and measured the amps on the wires coming from the breaker...

How to locate and take advantage of opprtunities around me? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a big problem. People who are less educated than me, those who don't work as hard as me, those who are not as devoted as me grow and make progress. But I always lag behind. This surprises not only me but to my friends and relatives too. Sometimes I even become a laughing stock or a person to...

View more questions Search