Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mattlynn Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Dec 11, 2006, 01:47 PM
    Child Car Seats
    I am confused - I am booking a hire car in Ireland. I need a booster seat for my 7 & 9 year old sons.
    The options are Infants Seats and Toddler Seats. Any idea which one I should pick neither state age, or weight limits etc :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 11, 2006, 02:11 PM
    If those are the only options, I would say toddler, but they sound too small. How large are your kids? The 9 yr old at least should be OK in just the seat belt.

You can check the Rental car's website they probably have more details about what is offered.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 11, 2006, 04:07 PM
    Living in the past scott, even in the US in many states, if the child is under 10 and under 5 ft tall, they have to be in a booster seat.

They make specific booster seats to raise the child up to use the regualar seat belt, but it places the belt on the child properly.

New federal guidelines, with threats to take away funding has gotten many states to change that law in the last year or two in the US also.

Without age or weight limits you know as much as we do.
    An infant is normally just that, and toddlers are normally those though about 6 or 7. After that normally a true booster seat is used for older toddlers.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 11, 2006, 06:13 PM
    Whoops. Been 12 years since I had a 10 year old.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 11, 2006, 06:31 PM
    I know, I have 30 year old and grad kids, and we did not ever even use car seats, my parents never put me in a car seat.

Well I got a 6 year old at home now, the only reason I knew that one basically is because one of my wife's good friend is under 5 ft tall and we joked that she needed a booster seat.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2006, 08:19 PM
    Probably the toddler seats. Go with whatever you normally use for them in your own car. Have you considered taking your own car seats along with you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Buy Another Car or Use Existing Car 'til It Runs No More [ 7 Answers ]

Please help me resolve a debate with my husband. I am a first time car owner. I bought a new Jeep in 8/04 for $23,600. I put $5K down on the purchase + my loan is for 60 months. I would like to trade in the liberty before it gets too old + has too many miles on it. Does it make better sense to...

Car Loan and Car Title - Minnesota Law [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My fiancé and I recently bought a car on a Saturday. We live in Minnesota. At first, the finance guy at the car dealership told us the financing will be done through Wells Fargo. After spending close to 4 hours at there and hearing it was a reputable bank that we both bank through -- we...

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Replacing shower faucet seats? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been trying to remove the seats in my shower faucet, and I think they are stripped. Am I turning them the wrong way? (right tight left loose, not sure if mayber they are reversed for some plummbing reason?) and if they are to stripped, how do I change them? Thanks.

Car accident while friend is in the car [ 5 Answers ]

I have a question about what the case would be if I got into a car accident, mine or another drivers fault, with a friend in the car that is mine but in my Mother's name. I have been reading a little bit into insurance, I think I understand how it would work and come into play a little bit. What...

View more questions Search