Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

May 16, 2010, 04:58 PM
    Can anybody identify these flowers.
    These little white flowers are growing all over my yard. They aren't clover flowers, that much I know, but they are spreading like wildfire. I love them, not planning on getting rid of them, in fact, thinking of transplanting some to my front yard.

Nobody has been able to come up with what this little plant is. Any idea? Thanks.
    Attached Images

thisisit Posts: 406, Reputation: 57

May 16, 2010, 04:59 PM

They look like wild strawberries to me. I hope they are, if so, they are especially delicious :)
    Emotional Health Expert

May 16, 2010, 05:08 PM
    Wild stawberries!! WOW!

I would love that if they bore fruit!!

I will keep an eye on them... that would be great if they were.

Thanks for that this is it! We have all been stumped for a long time.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2010, 05:09 PM

strawberry flowers - Google Search

I hope you'll let us know if they turn out to be strawberries! :)
    thisisit Posts: 406, Reputation: 57

May 16, 2010, 05:10 PM

2 days ago I found a big patch of those same plants in my sister's back yard. We think they are strawberries because they look like the strawberries I have in my garden and like the strawberries in my son's garden. The only difference is the wild plants are lower to the ground and not as thick as the plants in a tended garden. My experience has been that wild strawberries, though smaller are some of the sweetest!
    Emotional Health Expert

May 16, 2010, 05:30 PM
    I will make sure that the bigger patches of them are clear from the lawnmower. And absolutely I will post with pictures. Might even attempt a pie! Well,. uh no. I have to take that back. But, maybe strawberry shortcake!!

Thanks for those pics too justcurious, they are identical to what is in my yard.

It's really pretty back there now because there are also miniature purple violets growing everywhere as well. They are very low to the ground so the mower goes over them. Also planted five service berry bushes, to attract the birds. I think they all might be feasting in my yard this year.

Can't wait to see those strawberries. :)
    jof2013 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2013, 01:46 PM
    These are wild strawberries, the berries are really small but the rabbits like them. I transplant them around my trees as ground cover.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mums Flowers [ 4 Answers ]

Can you tell me what to with my mums? Some grown side ways and some grown all over the place. Non of them grown straight. What should I do to make it stand straight?:confused:

Can't see the flowers for the leaves, [ 3 Answers ]

I've tried growing Nasturtiums in every garden I've had, I follow the advice... plant in poor soil, don't feed them etc, and although the plants are healthy I always have loads of green leaves, and plenty of flowers... but you can't see them for the huge leaves. Please can someone tell me where I'm...

Buy Your Own Flowers [ 17 Answers ]

When I was still married, and when my kids were still at home, I could always count on getting some flowers. But now, divorced and with kids grown and flown, I miss them all of course, but I also missed receiving flowers. Then it came to me, I could go buy myself some flowers. It was an amazing...

View more questions Search