Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emperor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2005, 03:50 PM
    Hotmail account
    Hello my friends ,

How are all here ? I wish all are very good , I have question and I wish some body here help me , my email is stolen many time ago
    May be 1 month and I can't return it , but all my message s and mailes there so pleaz help me
    My email is [deleted]

So could any body help me
    And if you have solve p[leaz send me at my new account

[deleted]
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2005, 06:49 PM
    Contact Hotmail's customer service.
    Wendy225 Posts: 240, Reputation: 4

Jan 24, 2005, 10:35 PM
    Help
    I would definitely contact their tech support, but follow the below suggestion to help you.

If you can't get help their of have trouble reaching them try this.

Try changing your password then after finding yourself a new email address, send all of your contacts you want to keep, the new email address from a new location, do not send them from that hotmail account you lost, just change the password long enough to copy down all of the addresses you want to continue receiving email from.

Let them all know you have a new address and that the old one is no longer good for you, ask them to add the new email to their address books and remind them to delete the old, and periodically check the old account to see if they are following your suggestions with the new address.

A Hotmail user's best defense against cookie robbers is to shun the "keep me signed in" option, and to follow Microsoft's advice and click the service's sign-out icon when finished with a Hotmail session.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Jan 25, 2005, 09:01 AM
    Hotmail Account
    If Microsoft is too open for you (sic:D),then visit http://www.freevault.com/internet/em...ts/index.shtml and choose another one.

Best wishes,
    Nez.
    CayceParkaboy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2005, 12:36 PM
    Other Hotmail Problems
    Hi!
    I've been having hotmail problems. I've used hotmail for more than 10 years now and have never had problems like this.
    Begging your patience, this is a long story, and you'll have to take my word I'm not totally clueless.
    Since I could not Google up any mention of widespread recent hotmail problems, I am forced to believe I’m in the minority experiencing these strange issues.

Since Wednesday 2/9 I have been having many diverse problems with my
    Hotmail account. These problems have never happened before, not in a decade of using hotmail, at least not with such persistence and variety.

These problems happen whether I use Firefox or IE. They happen on my home laptop (ME) and on my work desktop (XP). Both of these computers are protected (Home: ZoneAlarm, cable modem; Work: corporate firewall & LAN, not sure what firewall they use). There is little in common between these two computers in terms of hardware and software.

The only programs with which I open the same documents on both are Acrobat Reader and Word. I mention this to make it clear I share few files and no media files between the two computers. I recently installed the RSS Aggregator SharpReader on my work computer, and software for a flash mp3 player on my home computer.

These problems happen strictly in hotmail, and not in any other mail program (yahoo) or website. When other people use either of these 2 computers to access their hotmail account, they have the same problems. I have not tried to access my hotmail account on other people’s computers so I cannot tell if it is actually a problem with my computers or with my hotmail account, but I was hoping someone could shed some light on this. Others tell me they don’t have problems with their hotmail accounts on other computers.

The problems are:
    1) Hotmail extremely slow to load, no matter what the page requested. Sometimes the page fails to load altogether, remaining blank, or loading incorrectly (graphics all lopsided, etc.)

2) “Server too busy” message at least once every 15 minutes, often when trying to send a message. Otherwise, “Service Unavailable” white screen with black font, no other info. I've had this problems sometimes at lunch or 5pm (when I assume the server actually is overloaded), but now it's all day long, and far too often

3) Sometimes various buttons do not work, even if the page appears correctly and completely loaded. For example, often “Inbox” in the top right corner, or “Reply”

4) Occasionally, “Internal Error processing request” message. Such messages often ask me to close the browser and login again.

5) Sometimes the page appears to load correctly, but I am told “There are no messages in this folder” when this is clearly not the case. The left sidebar shows the correct number of messages, but none are displayed in the center. The amount-used bar sometimes shows the correct percentage of storage space used, but has at other times shown “-0% of 250 MB” and other such strange figures. Reloading the page changes nothing; I have to log out and log back in.

Again, none of these problems used to happen, or if they happened, were cleared up in under a day or hour.
    I do not seem to have trouble receiving messages.
    I have another email account; I've imported my addresses etc. and I've been using it, but I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this out of sheer vengeful determination and self education.

I wrote Hotmail help. Two days later they came back with a reply: please wait, we're looking into it. I tried to write help yesterday again. I filled out the form, hit submit: page wouldn't load.

Tried it several times in IE and Firefox. Same result.

It’s hard for me to believe a virus could only afflict hotmail and leave the rest of the browser and computer apparently alone, but then again I don’t know much about viruses.

But of course I've swept both computers with Adaware SE Personal, Spybot 1.3, and the latest Norton. No real results.

Thanks and respect to anyone who can help.
    Wendy225 Posts: 240, Reputation: 4

Feb 26, 2005, 08:37 PM
    Try some or all of these
    1. Go to Start/run type in cmd then type in sfc/scannow this will search for your important windows protected files, if they are not right, it will ask for your Winxp cd to correct them.

2. go to start/run type in chkdsk to check your drive

3. go to start/run type in chkdsk /f this runs the checkdisk fix option upon your next startup.

4. Get a good defragger like O&O defrag or Diskeeper Pro or Perfectdisk and properly defrag the system.

5. Get a good program like Fix it Utilities and it's Disk Fixer option.

6. Download Microsofts new free Anti Spyware Program, they bought out Giant Anti spyware, which was one of the best on the market.

7. Get Spysweeper and use it along with the free Spybot and Adware programs.

8. Download Anti Vir an excellent free Anti Virus program.

9. Type in free online Virus scans into your search engine, there are several, try at least 2 of them and do a complete system scan.

10. Go to your Windows/prefetch folder and delete everything, do this on a regular basis to keep Windows uncluttered.

If none of this works, then save or backup everything, I prefer Acronis True Image, and then reformat.

But at the very least doing all of the above on a regular basis will surely help you systems health ;)

Feb 28, 2005, 02:30 PM
    Thanks!
    Thanks, I'll try these out! :)
    jimsmithjimsmith Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Mar 3, 2005, 04:54 PM
    Hotmail "There are no messages in this folder"
    Hello!
    I am also seeing the message "There are no messages in this folder" and it looks like all the email has been deleted. I wonder if this may be related to the browser that's being used, or possibly Firefox Extensions.

When I use IE, I have no trouble with this. I get messages, along with all the annoying banner ad's. When I use Firefox I can use hotmail for a while before I eventually get the "Message Usage" at 100% for all 250MB. I do have the Firefox Extensions that block popups and banner ad's, and cookies are all marked for 'this session only.' That's quite a bit of filtering so that might have something to do with it too.

If I log out and log back in within Firefox, with the browser open, it clears up. If I open it in IE at the same time, it works fine in IE but still does not work in Firefox.

Since this only seems to occur when using Firefox, I wonder if this might be some kind of 'punishment' that Microsoft dishes out for using Firefox browser...

Just thought I'd add my experiences as this seems to be one of the few forums that address this problem.
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Mar 3, 2005, 05:32 PM
    Okay.

With all due respect, if your account had really been compromised, you would be talking to the hotmail abuse e-mail techs, not to us.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Mar 4, 2005, 03:45 AM
    Hotmail
    Hotmail.****Stop press****

Bill Gates has today received an honourary Knighthood,from Queen Elizabeth 2 of the UK,in recognition of his 'outstanding work' with Microsoft and for charity.

See www.bbc.co.uk/news for details.Scroll down to the technology wording and simply click.The Gates video is near the bottom of the link page,on the right.

Sir Bill said he was delighted.I have sent him a congratulations email,via Hotmail,using my Firefox browser. :D

Nez in awe.

The above link video has now been removed by the BBC.The link will now take you to the latest news of the day.

Mar 4, 2005, 07:23 AM
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by psi42
    Okay.

With all due respect, if your account had really been compromised, you would be talking to the hotmail abuse e-mail techs, not to us.
    But how would I know? Or would they know?
    I'd love to talk to them, but as I said, I can't seem to get their attention.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2005, 07:36 AM
    Hotmail account
    Hi,
    This might or might not work, but is worth a try.
    When all else fails, try this:
    Open your Hotmail account.

Then, click on the "sign in as a different user" link.
    Sign in again with your correct password.

Best wishes,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hotmail [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Recently when I try to go to Homail, I get asked for my Id and password and then I get taken to my inbox directly. I don't want this! I want to go to Hotmail and then click on sign in and then enter my Id and then my password. Just like I'd do before. How do I do this? Thanks

Hotmail account access [ 6 Answers ]

After I sign out of my hotmail account I can log back in by using the History icon on my internet explorer. I do not have to enter the password to get back in. What do I do to correct this so I always need to enter my password.

Hotmail Account Hijacked [ 5 Answers ]

Hiya All Got a horrible problem, cannot get into my hotmail.com address, Hotmail .co.uk is OK. Am I right in thinking I've been hijacked, and if so is there any way I can retrieve all the stuff I've got in that account? Done what I can think of. Ad-Aware, Spybot, scanned with AVG free, plus House...

Hotmail Password? [ 6 Answers ]

I don't plan on doing anything illligal, but I have lost my hotmail password, would it bee possible for me to make a program, like how like zip password recovery programs work, it will enter every possible password until it finds the correct one, would this be possible to do/?

Hotmail and msn [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been having a problem with accessing my hotmail account via msn explorer and the web. When I use either one it just takes forever to load never does. Also, when I click the search icon on internet explorer it fully loads and all but when I click on customize nothing happens. I thought...

View more questions Search