Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IhnLuhv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2012, 11:30 PM
    12 and in love with my 19 yr old first cousin
    I want some advice from people who have been through a situation similar to mine. My family is asian, so they are super strict and it's like dating isn't allowed until after college or whatever...
    I'm 12 and I'm totally in love with my 19 year old first cousin. I would like some advice or help on the relationship part like age difference or family against dating. Please comment your thoughts opinions advice or help ^^ thank you :)
    amy77 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2012, 11:45 PM
    I don't know where to start, you want advice on age diff? Well your age is actually the issue. Your 12. In love with a 19 yro. You can't pursue this without consecuences to yourself and the other person. Now for the family against dating, they have your best interest at heart if their asking you to wait till your done studying. Not to mention their going to be extremely opposed to the idea of dating such a close family member.

Now my opinion: everything about your statement is wrong on many levels. I hope your able to overcome this crush or infatuation and move on with your life and focus on real issues according to your age.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 11, 2012, 01:15 AM
    And is your cousin in love with you? Love is merely infatuation when it's one sided. I can't imagine a 19 year old feeling romantic feelings for a 12 year old! What if a 5 year old fell in love with you? That's how far apart you are. Granted, as we get older the age difference means less and less, but that doesn't start until after high school.
    You have a crush. It's OK as long as you recognize that it has to stay one sided, like having a crush on a teacher or star. It's even OK to go around telling family you have a crush, as long as you don't cross over the line into wanting to have a real romantic relationship. If you do cross that line, your family is going to be very upset.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 11, 2012, 03:18 AM
    You are 12, I'm sure what you are feeling feels like love to you. But you will have these same feelings many times in the next few years.

And you say nothing about whether this cousin even knows about your feelings. But the bottom line is your parents say you are too young to date, therefore you have to abide by your parents wishes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I love my cousin. [ 8 Answers ]

I love my cousin but I don't know if she does or not. Can you help me? What should I do?

In love with my cousin [ 1 Answers ]

I AM in love with my cousin. I was invited by my aunt to live with her, which took me out of state, away from a dead marriage of years. I'm currently getting divorced. Last week, my cousins, my aunt's daughter, my age, and her youngest son came to visit. I had a crush on him when I was younger....

Friend is in love with cousin [ 6 Answers ]

My friend(20) is in love with her cousin brother(21)... they loves each other very much Her parents are not knowing this thing... in our community it is not allowed to do so... They have arrenged her marriage with one guy who is well settled and from good family. Now she is confused. Cousin...

View more questions Search