Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    waterfrontbooks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2007, 10:43 AM
    Investment interest and term, amortization for 5 yr term
    I would like to know if I invest 10,000 into a secure low risk investment for a 5 year term at compound interest, could anyone advise me of which bank to use and what my return is per year compounded.

Thank you!
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 1, 2007, 12:41 PM
    You can try any one of several on-line savings accounts. At HSBC, for example, the rate is 5.05%. It's simple to set up - you link it to your checking and you can move money in or out at will. Pays a lot better than most money markets or savings accounts at "brick and mortar" banks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Short term vs long term capital gains, loss carryovers [ 4 Answers ]

Back in 2000 and 2001, I had short term capital losses that exceeded the 3000 dollar limit. Each year, I've been able to deduct 3000 dollars since my short term gains have been minimal. I still haven't used up all my 2000 and 2001 short term losses. I had some long term gains in 2000, but...

Nth term [ 2 Answers ]

nth term sequence is a1, a2,a3,a4 d stands for the common difference. The question is : Give the description of the 9th term. a(n)= ?

Is short-term or long-term debt more stressful to your personal finances? Why? [ 4 Answers ]

Is short-term or long-term debt more stressful to your personal finances? Why?

View more questions Search