Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    depressedhelp Posts: 91, Reputation: 3

Jul 10, 2007, 05:29 PM
    Why does he call ME fat!
    OK, I'm 13 years of age and about 2 months ago I started excersing more to run faster on the mile at school. So, now I've lost like 20-30 lbs. or more and my brother still is calling me fat@ss and well you get the picture, because of that I started excersing and to catch my crushes eye... but if I could shrink it would help... anyway so I just don't get it my brother is accutally older, fatter, meaner, and shorter than me but he still won't shut up. Should I lose more weight, ignore him, or both?
    Shaunta Posts: 204, Reputation: 8

Jul 10, 2007, 05:34 PM
    Ignore Him... Hes Probably Just Jealous Because Your Losing Weight And He Isn't... How Old Is He?? I Use To Have That Problem When I Was Younger But Now I Don't... Hes Jealous... Don't Pay Him Any Attention!!
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2007, 05:37 PM
    He is wishing he could lose the weight too. Just ignore him, you guys might like each other when you are 20 or something! That is how it was with my brother, and I love him lot's now. I am 32 and he is 35 now. You are doing great, keep up the good work but don't take it too far, only do what you are comfy doing. Good luck!
    bigdreamer85 Posts: 44, Reputation: 5

Jul 11, 2007, 02:20 PM
    ;) he's jealous, why don't you invite him to exercise with you. Tell him that it's more fun if your not alone. Or make your mom make him!;) Little Brothers are a pain I know...
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2007, 08:53 PM
    I think he is just saying that... he still loves you. Believe or not, I used to be fat before, my brother called me fat all the time. U reminds so much of myself! Trust me, he still loves you! He is making fun or just a little bit jealous. WHen u grow up, at my age, he will be the one beats all the guys that want to approach you!;)
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2007, 11:01 PM
    I think it's just playful banter, but if it really bothers you I suggest you talk to your mum and ask her to seriously tell him to stop calling you names. Continue to take care of yourself and don't allow him to put you down. Respect yourself.

Here's a tip; If he doesn't stop after being told to, ignore him completely every time he calls you names. Once he sees he is not getting any reaction he will give it up.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2007, 01:35 AM
    Your brother is just trying to make you feel crap to make him feel better about himself. He probably like most siblings just like getting a rise out of you.

Do not listen to him anymore. You are fine the way you are. Never change or lose weight for somebody else, except for yourself.

The above answer is correct. If you ignore him and do not react to him, then eventually he will just drop it.

Joe
    wild_girl Posts: 26, Reputation: 0

Jul 12, 2007, 02:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by depressedhelp
    ok, i'm 13 years of age and about 2 months ago I started excersing more to run faster on the mile at school. So, now i've lost like 20-30 lbs. or more and my brother still is calling me fat@ss and well you get the picture, because of that i started excersing and to catch my crushes eye...but if i could shrink it would help....anyway so I just dont get it my brother is accutally older, fatter, meaner, and shorter than me but he still wont shut up. Should i lose more weight, ignore him, or both?
    Well first of all, since your brother is big, it probably makes himfeel better to call you big, gets some of it off his chest.

He is your brother and is teasing... don't worry about it.

Don't change for anyone, I am sure you are a good person.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"A Child`s Cry for Help" [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I free dowload this movie: A Child`s Cry For Help, from 1994. Director Sandor Stern

What to call my "adoptive" parents [ 13 Answers ]

As some of you may know, I was raised in foster care and my biological parents are deceased. I'm now 26 and pregnant with my first child. My fiancé and I are getting married later on this month. I never bonded well with any of my foster parents (there were many!), but over the past few years...

You guys are going to get sick of me here... "WET VENTING"? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, so picture this with me here... (sorry for the poor diagram) I'm putting in a bathroom in my basement. The waste stack comes into the floor right next to the exterior wall. #1) I'm going to put my toilet next to that. I can just join that to the main waste with a "Y" right? No vent...

Oh my! Oh my! Help me [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all :) im looking for this song it's a duo im 40 % its elton john with another woman but i don't know i heard it in 1988 and since 1988 i didn't find it i just heard the song on radio and i think they didn't said the artist name or the song or i missed it, i recorded it on tape and listened...

View more questions Search