Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lilcobra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2012, 11:00 PM
    Closed Adoption I'm now 22
    I was adopted at birth into a closed adoption in 1990 I am now 22 I was told I had a half brother who was 7 years older than me and was interested in finding him and/or my birth mother. I may not want to meet them in person and would never push it but would be interested in seeing photos or getting information about our pasts I have 3 year old daughter and whenever I get asked about her medical history I have nothing and worry we both could be carrying traits to dieases etc we don't even know about this isn't purely medical it's also a curiosity issue as well and personal is this a bad idea? Because its closed does that mean she probably wouldn't be open to wanting to meet? My half brother was 7 when I was born I have many memories from when I was 7 and wonder if he knows about me or realized his mom was pregnant
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 21, 2012, 06:02 AM
    It's very unusual for an adoption to have been completely closed in 1990. Not unheard of, but unusual.

What do your adoptive parents say about it?

When I placed my daughter for adoption in 92, one option of a closed adoption was to leave contact information with the adoption agency in case the child ever wanted to meet. That is one option for you.

Another is to register on reunion websites such as adoption.com, adoption.org and ISRR--all 3 are reputable sites.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Closed adoption [ 3 Answers ]

I am a 19 year old, and I don't know much on the rules or whatever you may call them on closed adoption... I know my birth mom's first name and since she is native american what tribe she is registered with. I just have no idea on how I go about any of this.

I need to open adoption records on closed adoption [ 13 Answers ]

:confused: I am looking for my son I keep hitting roadblocks today I found out it was a closed adoption I need to know how to get these records opened

Closed adoption [ 1 Answers ]

I have a notification of birth registration with my mother and fathers name and signed by the director of public health. But when I went to get a birth certificate for a passport they told me my birth certificate was sealed or closed.. is there a way to get this straightened out with the county?

Closed adoption! [ 3 Answers ]

I was born in houston, my birthday is 8-19-85 and my birth mother I white my father is mexican. I don't know or how to find the hostpital I was born in to start looking. Please help my birth parents have grandchildren id like them to meet

View more questions Search