Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kamran arif Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2011, 06:59 PM
    What does sharia says about rapes??
    As salam aley kum
    Tel me y r victims of rapes,almost women's,are beinged punished and not the culprits,if they can't have four male as proof
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2011, 07:04 PM

Asking this be moved to the Islam section... Sharia isn't the law in most countries.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2011, 09:25 PM
    Under Islamic law, rape can only be proven if the rapist confesses or if there are four male witnesses. Women who allege rape, without the benefit of the act having been witnessed by four men who subsequently develop a conscience, are actually confessing to having sex. If they or the accused happens to be married, then it is considered to be adultery.

Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 1, 2011, 10:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniepepsi View Post
    Under Islamic law, rape can only be proven if the rapist confesses or if there are four male witnesses. Women who allege rape, without the benefit of the act having been witnessed by four men who subsequently develop a conscience, are actually confessing to having sex. If they or the accused happens to be married, then it is considered to be adultery.
    Now that's just messed up.

I've never ever heard of a rape where there were witnesses, much less 4, and all men.

So basically, rape doesn't exist, not under Islamic law anyway.

I know we shouldn't judge others beliefs, but come on. Does anyone actually think this is okay?
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Sep 1, 2011, 10:13 PM
    I have only been around american muslims. So I'm not sure. I know that HERE< it is not acceptable, and the laws of this country are also followed as well as the laws of Islam.

I can't be positive of the other countries though :( I find it very sad too.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 1, 2011, 11:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniepepsi View Post
    Found here...
    Unfortunately under Islamic law, rape can only be proven if the rapist confesses or if there are four male witnesses. Women who allege rape, without the benefit of the act having been witnessed by four men who subsequently develop a conscience, are actually confessing to having sex. If they or the accused happens to be married, then it is considered to be adultery.

Qur'an 2:282 establishes that a woman's testimony is worth only half that of a man's in court (there is no "he said/she said" gridlock in Islam). My view? It's not the woman's fault if she was raped unless she allowed it.
    At this site... In islam if a girl gets raped what happens? - Yahoo! Answers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is this? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I need your help and I have to admit being so much confused. Since a year or more, I am talking to a guy on net. He is decent and kind, educated and has a good job in another country, where he lives with his wife and 2 babies. We started talking by him telling me that he is bored...

Sharia Law [ 1 Answers ]

Sharia law What is the sharia punishment for child abusers,physical and sexual? {MOD Note: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/islam/announcement-concerning-dr-zakir-naik.html}

Top UK Bishop: Sharia Law Is Unavoidable [ 18 Answers ]

First the UK, then?? Anybody for a little Sharia law?

Tell me anything what so ever [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I dono just tell me anything you can, nothing too much just a little... :cool: Thanks!

View more questions Search