Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Jan 24, 2013, 09:50 AM
    FIOS vs Cable TV signal
    Not sure if the best place for this question is TV or computers.

I have a TV tuner on my computer. When I was a cable customer I connected it to the incoming coax. Then used Windows Media Center to record TV shows.

I am now using Verizon FIOS. I connected the coax out from the STB to the tuner. When I try to setup Windows Media Center, it doesn't recognize the connection. During the setup phase, I can see the video in the test box. But when I go to the next step it says there is no signal. I've also tried using S-Video instead of the RF signal. Result was the same.

Any ideas on why FIOS would not work when cable does? My guess it that they contain something other than the TV signal that sets them apart. But no idea what or how to get around it.

Check out some similar questions!

Please Check Signal Cable [ 1 Answers ]

Beeps when the PC is booting up,Please Check Signal Cable.boothing up.sound like my.When I said the lead, I mean the monitor lead/cable that goes from the PC to the monitor. How u fixit

Check cable signal [ 0 Answers ]

I wanted to transfer some music from desktop computer to my phone. After doing that, when I turned on the computer the next time, the system refused to boot rather check cable signal was displayed on my monitor screen. Please I need a solution to tackle this problem!

What is better? Fios or Cable? [ 0 Answers ]

I have to decide between using cable or FIOS - I'd love to get peoples experiences and opinions about which option they have used and found to be good. Please discuss your customer service experience as well. I have time warner in my area. And FIOS is offered by Verizon. Thanks!

Check signal cable [ 1 Answers ]

I have the same problem.I've changed the graphic card and also the ram but the monitor still say me to check signal cable... I know that the monitor is good because I've tried it by connecting the monitor to his cpu.I really don't know what to do. *to the cpu of my brother

Check Signal Cable [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old Dell desktop with Samsung monitor. I had done a msconfig to stop some programs from auto start at update: Adobe, Quick Time, etc. When I told the computer to restart, it did so , but when it restarted I am getting a red box that says No Connection, and Check Signal Cable. I wonder...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search