Ask
    earlethea Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2010, 11:14 AM
    what is the simplest form of 2/5 x 10/7
    2/5 x 10/7
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2010, 01:13 PM

To do this problem zall you need to do is multiply the denominators and the numerators together. (2 x 10) and (5 x 7) and then you divide the top and bottom by a common factor until it can't be reduced any more.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2010, 11:31 PM

Or if you don't want to multiply 'big numbers' you can already start dividing:

Ten, divided by 5, gives 2.

Then, multiply the numerators, giving:

Now the question is... can this fraction be further simplified?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Solve 1 - (2/x) = 2/ x+ 2 express in simplest radical form. [ 3 Answers ]

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Solving problems in simplest form [ 4 Answers ]

I know the answer to some of these, and the others I'm not sure of. Can you please explain to me how I can work them out in simplest form? 1) (-5 - √-9^2) answer is 30 + 16i? 2) x^2 + 5x + 2 = 0 answer is {-5 + √17 / 2, -5 - √17 / 2 3) √6x + 1 = x - 1 answer is {0, 8}? 4) 2x + 5 <17...

What's the simplest way to add my parents to the deed to my home. [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting divorced and my husband will be executing a quit claim deed removing himself from the deed to the home. I want to add my parents to the deed with me as "joint tenants with right of survivorship". What options are available that would be practical and economical. Thanks

The simplest of operations [ 1 Answers ]

I have trouble with the simplest operation of my PC. I need to know how to temporarily disable and restart my virus protection program and others; I need to know the routine to completely uninstall a program; I need to know how to defragment my files on hard disk, etc. I need to know how to...

I Need help with probably the simplest accounting question ever [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, I realize this may be the simplest accounting question ever, but for sone reason I can't figure out the correct answer. If you're given an amount in total revenue and an amount in total expense.. how do you find the dividend? And likewise, if you're given a dividend amount and a total expense...

View more questions Search