Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TonyP88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2015, 12:41 PM
    Water dripping from cold air return
    I am trying to figure out where water is coming from that is dripping out of my cold air return. We have filled a couple 30 gallon totes already. There is no water source or drain anywhere close to the return. It is below zero outside, so the only thing I can think of would be condensation. But the drip is in the basement, which is also heated. We do have a humidifier on the system, but that all looks as if it is working fine, and the drip is 20 feet or so before the humidifier. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 20, 2015, 02:35 PM
    Temporarily turn of humidifier to see if it is the source of the moisture.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water dripping out of unit and air not as cold [ 1 Answers ]

Water on floor in my bathroom coming out of unit and my air is on 70 degrees but is 80 in the house? What do I check? Fan and blower are running!

Cold air from return ducts and main return duct not sucking in air [ 2 Answers ]

I had a new furnace installed. When the heat came on the furnace was screaming (making so much noise I could not sleep. I called the furnace company. The man came out and said the return duct in the crawl space was not connected and the furnace was not sucking in enough air. He supposedly made a...

Cold air return blows cold air when furnace is off? [ 1 Answers ]

Our master bedroom has a large cold air return and one heating vent. The cold air return lets in cold air when the furnace is off. In fact, when you stand in front of it, cold air rushes out of it as it it were connected directly to the outside of the house. More details The problem is...

Cold air return blows cold air when furnace is off? [ 0 Answers ]

Our master bedroom has a large cold air return and one heating vent. The cold air return lets in cold air when the furnace is off. In fact, when you stand in front of it, cold air rushes out of it as it it were connected directly to the outside of the house. I changed two conditions. First, I...

Cold Air Return dripping water [ 1 Answers ]

Have Carrier 9200 Weathermaker. Noticed today during blizzard that insulated flex hose from outside that conects into cold air return has snow buildup and is dripping water. Called service man who said to just disconnect hose and cover with plastic - it was fresh air hose and don't need it. So I...

View more questions Search