Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ninafly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2007, 08:34 PM
    Horrific squeaking dryer
    My mother has a stackable Kenmore washer and dryer. I'm not able to locate any booklets on the model around the house. Currently every time we attempt to use the dryer... within a matter of seconds it begins this horrible high pitched squeaking. She has ordered a new belt in hopes if we replace it, it'll end the torture. However, when my brother had stopped by to replace it, he said it was fine, and the "inside" just needed to be cleaned out. Hmph! The squeaking continues! Is it the belt? Could it be something else? I tried a little lube oil. I NEED THE DRYER! Help me please!
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Apr 23, 2007, 01:43 AM
    The belt may be the problem ? Not sure, but try replacing it as you said you had already ordered a belt. Also, it you need an owners manual, tyring going to Sears.com, click on parts, put in the model number, see if you can order a manual.
    Neos Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Apr 23, 2007, 05:25 AM
    When you pull the front to replace the belt - take a look at the slides on the front. Also check the wheels at the back where the drum rides, and any wheels that the belt may make contact with, like at a tensioner.
    You could very well find something that needs cleaning/removing, that may be wedged in a manner to make a noise.
    RalphS Posts: 120, Reputation: 12

Apr 23, 2007, 07:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Neos
    When you pull the front to replace the belt - take a look at the slides on the front. Also check the wheels at the back where the drum rides, and any wheels that the belt may make contact with, like at a tensioner.
    You could very well find something that needs cleaning/removing, that may be wedged in a manner to make a noise.
    High pitched noises in a dryer is rarely the belt but usually the drum rollers or the belt tension pulley. In few cases it can also be the motor bearings (bushings) , in which case you could try to get a very light oil, like "3 in 1", into the housing where the shaft enters the motor housing. (because of the location, it's NOT easy to get it lubricated and in most cases the motor will eventually fail. )

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frigidaire Dryer Squeaking [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn my dryer on it squeaks for most of the cycle. Now it sounds like it wants to turn on but doesn't and then clicks as if overheated. Unplugging and time seem to do the trick but this is getting to be too much. Model # FDE7970EW1

GE Electric Dryer - squeaking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 20 year old GE electric dryer that I have never had a problem with until this week. There is a very high pitch squeak. It usually starts a few minutes after the dryer starts. Is it worth repairing, or should I just consider buying a new dryer?

Kenmore dryer squeaking like crazy [ 1 Answers ]

I just a 1970 home that came with a 1970 electric kenmore dryer. It is squeaking like crazy. What can I do besides call a priest?

Gibson dryer squealing/squeaking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gibson dryer that recently has started to squeak/squeal when it first starts drying a load of laundry. As the load gets dry the noise gradually gets less. Could this be a belt issue and is this an easy fix? Thanks for any info in advance:confused:

Frigidaire Dryer squeaking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Frigidaire dryer Model# FDE797IEWI. The dryer squeaks, mostly when starting and for the first few minutes while operating

View more questions Search