Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    5sullys Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2008, 11:18 AM
    Brown stains on laundry
    I don't know whether it's my Kenmore Elite washer or dryer, but I've been getting 1-3" long brown thin streak marks on my clean clothes. They show up on my lighter loads that I wash in warm water. My washer and dryer are about 5 years old. Does anyone know what is causing this and how it should be repaired?
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 12:13 PM
    The problem is in the dryer -- picture the front of your dryer drum -- the place where you put your clothes in

Has a rim that rides on a drum glide -- there is a plastic piece that the drum rides on -- it is wore out...

The drum drops down about 1/4" (not a lot) but this put a 1/2" gap on bottom side of drum-- clothes get pushed

Into the gap and ride to the top where a brown strip puts a brown slash mark on clothes -- it can also tear your

Clothes and zippers up... Watch the VIDEO -- BOTTOM LINK

Common Appliance Repair Solutions - Defective Drum seal or rollers

Common Appliance Repair Solutions - Defective Drum Glides/Rollers

Before you tear into a dryer --- I know you are not replacing the motor
    *** Great Link for seeing how to get into your dryer ***
    ****** How to Replace the Motor on a Dryer ******

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

.Stains on teeth. [ 7 Answers ]

So, this is an issue I've made visits with the dental hygienist several times… I've been noticing these darkish green or just plain dark stains on my teeth (on the front surface of some on the top row, some in between (on top and bottom), and a few in the grooves of the middle in my bottom row). ...

Stains [ 3 Answers ]

Is it true that semen stains look crusty in appearannce, while drool stains are just translucent, on like fabrics?

Stains in clothes [ 1 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool top load (american) washing machine 1 year old. The darks have rust stains and I have damaged garments . Have you any advice on what could be the problem? The whites are not soiled .

Brown stains in grout [ 5 Answers ]

Hello This is my first post to this site. I live in a 2 year old high rise (poured concrete) condo building. In one bath I have brown spots in the grout that disappear when I apply bleach but return in 3 days to a week in the same spots. I used a carbide grout scraper and removed as much of...

Deck Stains [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Folks can any one point me in the right direction in choosing a good deck stain... Something that will. LAST... Thanks much...

View more questions Search