Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jond777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2016, 02:21 PM
    Draft inducer motor keeps cycling on and off
    Have a Goodman GMH8 furnace that is seven years old. The draft inducer motor goes on for about 2 seconds then shuts off and then keeps cycling until I shut the furnace off. It has been doing this for days. Its not the thermostat. I have seen this same post on here before but they never replied once it was fixed.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2016, 02:39 PM
    First thing to do is to remove the inducer hose and make sure the ports are open. Check for leaks in the hose. The inducer switch works 2 ways. First, it must be open and then closes with pressure or vac depending on system. Make sure the vent (S) are open. I have seen birds, wasps and others plug the intake or exhaust vent pipe on 90% heaters. Make sure the vent pipe isn't constricted or plugged if a lower efficiency heater. I saw one unit where a tree branch collapsed the storm cover on the vent pipe. How many hoses on the switch? 1 for 80-85%, 2 for 90% or higher.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Draft inducer motor for bryant 350mav [ 1 Answers ]

I think my draft inducer motor is out. Money is tight and I want to wait until the fall to fix it. Will my central air work this summer without it? I believe it will, but I want to be sure that nothing else will be harmed and that I will have air. Thanks for your help.

Draft inducer motor keeps cycling on and off. [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Goodman GMH8 furnace that is three years old. The draft inducer motor goes on for about 2 seconds then shuts off and then keeps cycling until I shut the furnace off. It has been doing this for three days. My plumber came over and looked at it and after checking some wires it came back on....

Draft inducer motor for Criterion II [ 2 Answers ]

What does the draft inducer motor do?

Heil SP80 Draft Inducer Motor Cycling On/Off [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Heil SP80 natural gas induced draft fan furnace, model # NUG5075BFB2. The unit fires up normally and all is well until the unit shuts off when the temperature setpoint is reached. The draft inducer motor then cycles on and off shortly after the flame is shut down and for 20...

View more questions Search