Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amyunsettled Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2008, 09:48 PM
    Self-employed,independent business owner and unpaid settlement
    I am looking at a neverending black hole of debt after signing the disolution my ex-monster wanted!:( I was advised that the settlement I was getting was the best I could do without having the money for a full blown,2 year knock down drag out divorce! Neither were my choice. I was assured that my ex-monster would have "NO CHOICE' but to pay the agreement he arranged for us. Now he is in arrears for more than $30,000 in spousal support,$90,000 in credit card debt(which HE of course increased),unpaid medical bills,back child support,interest,attorneys fees, etc etc etc......... I have attorneys breathing down my throat from the credit card companies and still owe my "3rd" attorney about $1000.00. I have a court date next week and the new catch is he has run his business and everything into so much debt that even if he tried to sell the breast implants he bought the new girl friend he couldn't pay it all off in time to change the damage my credit and finances have suffered! :eek: If he goes to jail (which he might) it wont solve a thing. But i don't know what else to do than leave it up to the courts because he has hidden income and moves money around. Can they even attept to attatch property when he has been given foreclosure notices! How can I take anything when he has put it all in debt to the banks?????? How can I get my fair settlement for myself and to help with my children? I have heard from creditors that attorneys tell clients not to worry "they will pay" and 80% of the time they DON'T! How can this practice of "not paying up" be stoped for those who try to "do the right thing" for peace and to "ATTEMPT" to let go gracefully?? Ahy suggestions?? :)
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2008, 09:02 AM
    I suppose in some situations a divorce ends one set of problems and starts another. His obligations for alimony and child support are about as concrete as anything you will ever get from law; but if you are getting no money, then you will have to go back to court to have him held in contempt. If your debts, or co-debts, are getting to be too much for you, then consult a competent Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy attorney for an explanation of your rights.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who is the real owner of the business [ 3 Answers ]

The case Sal start his business and get prospered n incorporated his company to SAL & SON private limited com. The company started with a paid up capital of RM100, 000. He held 99,998 shares of RM1 each, which he paid for by setting-off against the price of the business which he had...

Auto Accident: Damage Settlement not Injury Settlement [ 13 Answers ]

Hello all and thank you in advance for your kind answers. My Girlfriend was involved in an accident in November. Here are some key points about the event. 1. Accident Fault - Fault was clearly the other driver Documented in the Police report. 2. Vehicle is currently financed - In both of...

Claiming business expense deductions as an independent contractor [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am a non resident alien on an F1 visa. I received a 1099 Misc form from my former employer as I was an independent contractor. While filing my taxes on CINTAX, there was an options asking me to list business expenses. Since I live in NJ and commute by train to NYC for work, I want...

Personal debt settlement but have sole propritor of business [ 2 Answers ]

Being overwhelmed with personal credit card debt and going to debt settlement effect myself owned business?:confused:

Unpaid Divorce Settlement [ 7 Answers ]

The court ordered my ex-husband to pay me an installment on our divorce settlement, due this past January 5th. I have not received the money and I do not know what to do next. I cannot afford anymore legal fees and I suspect he won't pay until forced to. Any advice?

View more questions Search