Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BEAVISGOLFS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2007, 06:33 PM
    Wired or Wireless?
    I am currently looking into a home security system and have had Adt, Brinks and Protection one out to my house. The question I have is should I go with wired or wireless? And which company? Any help you can give me in this matter would be greatly appreciated..
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2007, 08:56 AM
    Wireless is cheaper, if running wire possible, would do that. Toss a coin on the company.
    The Free or Cheap, means you have to get monitoring.
    Don't get selfcontained Keypad, Receiver, Communicator.
    I would see what system each company uses, and if it has features and capabilities you are looking for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PC use of Verizon Wireless Aircard or Wireless USB Modem [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone have an idea of how to set up a home PC (not a laptop) to use Verizon's Wireless Aircard Broadband PC cards? I'd like to go the cheaper route and get the PC card... and see how it works. My other option is purchasing Verizon's wireless USB modem. Has anyone used one on a home PC? ...

All wired out! [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Goodman Furnace and central air but can not figure out wiring to the thermostat. furnace = red green white blue ac= black white thermostat= r rc g w y

Wired wrong [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 200 amp service a 50amp breaker outside and a 50amp gfi inside it trips the breaker outside not the gfi that is close to the tub don't know why the watts are 1500@120 and 6000@240 it says that a 50amp is the biggest one I need. Do I need a solid ground from the tub to the outside box?help...

Windows XP, 2 NICs (1 wired, 1 wireless) [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have a weird setup of: --------- > > > Wireless > > >------Wired------- But whenever compB is connected to compC compB cannot access the internet. All computers are running Windows xp Pro. Any ideas how I let CompB and CompC access the internet at the same time? Bridging on CompB...

Improperly Wired? [ 7 Answers ]

Wanting my new digital thermostat to run off the 'C' 24 vac common instead of batteries I opened my Thermal Zone (#ah368-1s) electric furnace door panel. I have been unable to find any details online about that specific unit, but there is a wiring diagram inside. The low voltage for the...

View more questions Search