Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dontknowwhatihavedone Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2007, 04:23 PM
    What happens if you married for a green card
    My friend has married a russian so he can stay in the usa and now she wants to get out of it how would she go about doing that?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

File for divorce, get a attorney and file for a divorce.

Ummm

Nov 22, 2007, 04:24 PM
    Well she's scared she can get in trouble
    Expert

Nov 22, 2007, 04:48 PM
    By who, who is going to report it, not the person she married and if he says it is, she says it was not, they can't prove it.

OR she just moves out and separates if she wants, you never stay with someone out of any fear.

And INS really cares less for things like this,
    sadandstressed Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2007, 07:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dontknowwhatihavedone
    my friend has married a russian so he can stay in the usa and now she wants to get out of it how would she go about doing that?
    I am in same situation only my husband lied to me. After 1 in a half months he told me the truth that he only married me for papers. I am pissed and want to leave but circumstances won't let me right now
    Expert

Dec 18, 2007, 07:20 PM
    No one is forced to stay married to anyone, not sure what circumstances, but short of your partner tying you up and holding you prisoner, you always have a choice to walk out of the door and not come back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

F-1 to Green Card [ 2 Answers ]

I'm studying my MBA with the F-1 Visa status in the US. Is it possible for a US established company to hire me changing my status to a permanent resident (green card)? I already finished another academic Masters of Arts in the US. I'm still working on my MBA. Thank you!

H1, married, wife abroad; now both in the US w/green card [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I had H1 and got married in July 2005. My wife remained abroad. I filed my taxes as "single" in 2005. I and my wife entered US in Jan 19,2007 with green card. (we were approved for permanent status on 1/9/07) . Can I file my taxes for 2006 as married-joint, even though I had H-1 and my wife...

Green Card [ 1 Answers ]

I have applied for my renewal green card 10 years exp 11/13/06. I have not rec'd it yet but will travel outside country and return 11/10/06 3 days before exp date. My passport up to date. Is this OK?

View more questions Search