Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1997psdriver Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2008, 03:54 PM
    1997 Powerstroke F250 HD
    My diesel engine starts up normal. The problem is after the engine gets warmed up it starts missing at low rpm. Not as noticeable at higher rpm. Serviced at regular intervals. Has been parked for nineteen months, started at least once a month during that time. Any ideas as to what is causing the missing?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 9, 2008, 05:42 PM
    Have you purged all water and changed the fuel filter? I suspect fuel degradation. Try adding as much new diesel fuel as you can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1995 F250 Powerstroke 7.3 Diesel Won't Start [ 17 Answers ]

1995 F250 Powerstroke 7.3 Diesel Will not start and have done the following: All new glow plugs, valve cover gaskets and glow plug leads. New fuel filter and fuel pump, new crank sensor. High Pressure Oil Pump exchanged with known used good pump. Bled fuel system - NO water present....

Problems after fuel filter change on Ford F250 6.0 powerstroke [ 8 Answers ]

I just changed the two fuel filters on my 2004 Ford F250 superduty 6.0 Powerstroke. After changing them my trucks turbo stopped holding boost. White and black smoke was coming out of the exhaut pipe when the turbo would blow off. What could be the cause of the problem?

Ford F250 Diesel [ 8 Answers ]

How do I change the head in my Ford F250 diesel?

1997 F350 Powerstroke no power [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1997 F350 Power stroke that has poor acceleration for the first 5-10 minutes until it warms up, does anyone have any suggestions for troubleshooting? Thanks Jim

View more questions Search