Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jumpship1203 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2010, 11:18 AM
    Salary laws
    About 6 months back, I was put on salary switching me from $10 an hour. When I was on Hourly I was working an average of 9 hours a day 5 days a week, not to bad. But than I get offered to get put on salary. I(being a 19 year old) am easy to convince when you say you can take 3 days off and still get paid for it, and all those other salary benefits that sound so awesome. Except when your told those things, and then your actually on salary and next thing you know your getting yelled at for needing to take a lunch break even though everyone else in the office on hourly just got theirs and now its been 7 hours since you've eaten anything and you still have 5 more hours to go in your shift(by the way now they're working you 12 hours a day 7 days a week) and your told you can't have a day off this week and then same thing next week and then the next week and so far you haven't had a day off at all in a month and next thing you know you work 30 days straight no days off, no bonuses, no lunch breaks. Is there something illegal about that?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2010, 11:27 AM

What State (or Country)?

There are also Federal laws which may apply.
    jumpship1203 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2010, 11:31 AM

In California. One thing I just realized I forgot to put in there is that I do work for my dad. I don't know if that makes a difference or not legally, but if Im told "I'm not your dad when were here" than I will take it that way if I don't get a damn day off soon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salary laws [ 3 Answers ]

If a salary contract has been signed, can copany later deduct wages for missed time from work?

Salary Laws [ 7 Answers ]

Can an employee who is on a salary payroll be moved to an hourly wage without prior notice? My mother was diagnosed with cancer and she has been out of work for about a week or so. She was told this week that she was moved to an hourly wage and that if she doesn't make the required amount of...

View more questions Search