Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vpedchen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2007, 01:50 PM
    Hunter thermostat wirirng
    I'm trying to change my old Honeywell thermostat (which looks like T8400C) for programmable Hunter (model 44155C). Old one was connected to Hail Quiet Comfort II two stage gas furnace (on the second floor) and air conditioner (outside of the house). It has 6 wires connected to Honeywell: G (green), C (blue), R (red), W1 (white), Y (yellow) and W2 (brown). Hunter model supports only up to 5-wire heat/cool system, which marked RH, RC, G, Y/O, W/B and Y1. Honeywell is not battery operated, while Hunter does have a battery. Could anybody help me with wiring correspondence, please?
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2007, 03:35 PM
    The thermostat you purchased will not work, it's a 2 stage cool single stage heat, you need a 2 stage heat single stage cool or a multi stage thermostat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter Thermostat RE CO message [ 6 Answers ]

My Hunter Thermostat 44110 show "RE CO" as a flashing message. What does this mean and what do I do about it?

Hunter Thermostat Wiring [ 8 Answers ]

It seems we are all having trouble with the Hunter 44110. I just moved into a house and I'm trying to install my programmable thermostat. I'm going from a Simple Comfort 2001 with a green, yellow, white, blue and red set up as G Y W C R I'm confused as do I use the jumper wire in Rh and...

Hunter thermostat 44110 [ 2 Answers ]

I have hot water baseboard heat, and installed the hunter digital thermostat 44110, and followed the directions as directed, I had had wires W, Y and RH, I marked and installed Each of the wires, and put them where they were marked on the thermostat. I felt well and all of the lights ( temp,...

Hunter thermostat--no AC message [ 1 Answers ]

I have read other questions and answers but still getting no where===While I do get this message---I have also checked with my meter and am getting voltage back through --but a tad more than the 24.6==actually getting about 26.1--other than that I see nothing wrong--but still get the dang NO AC...

Need Help with Hunter Thermostat Please [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Payne PF1MNC hvac, and just replaced my White Rodgers thermostat (It wasn't blowing hot air or kicking in in Auto mode) with a Hunter 44155C. There were 4 wires attached: G to G R to Rh (with jumper) Y to Y1 W to W And an unattached B I attached them the same to the Hunter:

View more questions Search