Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    douglass Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2007, 11:02 AM
    Tracking Cookies
    My operating system is WindowsXP. On a previous (older) operating system I was able to get a listing of the cookies in my computer using Windows Explorer and thereby select individually which one(s) I wanted to delete.

With WindowsXP the only way I found to delete cookies is selecting "Tools-InternetOptions-Delete-Delete Cookies".
    Will this not result in the deletion of ALL the cookies en masse? I need to keep certain specific tracking cookies. Therefore I would like to know if there is a way to get a listing of all the cookies on my hard drive so that I can delete individually or in groups the ones I do not want. No way can I find such a list using Windows Explorer

Many thanks from a newbee.
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Feb 11, 2007, 11:25 AM
    There should be an option in the Internet Explorer toolbar to remove cookies - try that one.
    By the way, have you tried Mozilla Firefox? IE7 is looking pretty good, but I still find Firefox to be the better browser.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2007, 11:47 AM
    Cookies for IE are stored in this folder:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<yourusername>\Cookies

As much as I love Firefox it really has no relevance to the cookie issue - all browsers store cookies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cricket cookies [ 21 Answers ]

I have decided to start eating bugs. Here is a great recipe for cricket cookies. Try it... you will like it! Have a tooth pick handy as their hind legs do get stuck in your teeth. I am looking for recipies using worms. If anyone has any please let me know. I am looking for the recipe that uses deep...

Tracking cookies [ 1 Answers ]

When I run adaware se,it always shows three tracking cookies,but it also shows in excess of 30 to 35 times for spywarenukerXT,I checked on Google for this but it was to deep for me,so asking for help explaining what spywarenukerXT is, & how to get rid of it once & for all! Also explain how I am...

Cookies [ 5 Answers ]

Is there a page where I can find out who owns the cookies that keep appearing when I do scan?? Toydajo

Cleaning Cookies [ 9 Answers ]

How do u clean up all those websites that show up on the cookies in from your PC.

Enabling cookies [ 1 Answers ]

How do I enable cookies for internet explorer 5

View more questions Search