Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1jOjO1 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2007, 03:50 PM
    Sexually transmitted infestions
    How is gonorrhea contracted? Can you get it if you only indulge in oral sex?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2007, 03:56 PM
    The Center for Disease Control (CDC) has an excellent fact sheet on Gonorrhea -
    STD Facts - Gonorrhea

Gonorrhea is spread through contact with the penis, vagina, mouth, or anus. Ejaculation does not have to occur for gonorrhea to be transmitted or acquired. Gonorrhea can also be spread from mother to baby during delivery.

People who have had gonorrhea and received treatment may get infected again if they have sexual contact with a person infected with gonorrhea.

Yes, you can receive gonorrhea from oral sex.

You can read more from the womenshealth website - Gonorrhea
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 14, 2007, 03:57 PM
    You can get it through oral sex sure. It is contracted via sex, whether it be genital sex, oral sex or anal sex.
    1jOjO1 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2007, 06:30 AM
    Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is he sexually attracted to me? [ 11 Answers ]

I have been seeing a younger man ( I am 34, he is 31 ). We have been living together for about 9 months. He holds me, cuddles with me, and says he is attracted to me. But, the only time he makes an advance on me is when he has a few drinks in him. Other than that I am the one that starts things. I...

Sexually Tired [ 5 Answers ]

A man goes to his doctor and complains that his wife hasn't wanted to have sex with him for the past six months. The doctor tells the man to bring his wife in so he can talk to her and hopefully determine what the problem is. The following day, the wife goes to the doctor's office. The doctor...

Sexually Frustrated [ 4 Answers ]

My Girlfriend is going through this menopause at age 41. She has lost her sexual drive. She said she has not had an orgasm in 2 months. She fights me when I want to have sex. My drive is still there. What should I do about that?

I don't want to do anything sexually, is something wrong with me? [ 4 Answers ]

I've been with a guy for 2 1/2 yrs. He's 19 and I'm 21 in April. Out of that time we've been sexually active for at least two yrs. We both were virgian's and the problem is we used to do ''it'' a lot. We had a very healthy sexual appitite. It was our way of showing our love for each other. I don't...

How are cell phone calls transmitted [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, When I make a cellphone call from say Louisiana to California, how is the call transmitted: I am interested in knowing the exact details. How many base stations may be involved and when? When are wireless and wired mediums used? Is the method of transmission similar to that of a landline...

View more questions Search