Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cutenose Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2009, 07:31 AM
    How to ask for lightening creams
    My mother and I went to the dermatologist year. We went for her scars on her legs but I asked her to aske the derm how I can lighten my complexion. She then asked him how can I lighten my ACNE scars. He knew what she really meant but gave me a acne lighting cream. I was so embarressed to ask him and so was my mother! Its kind of embarresing to ask for one since I'm a boy!:o
    The derm is quite fair himself and before I left he told me that I musnt care about wha other people think of my COLOR and I should be proud... :confused:
    And I was lyk what the freak derm man. I then stood there awkwardly nodding my head lyk yea and then turned around and walked extremely fast:D

My mother now has an appointment 2mrw but how do I ask him for a skin lightening cream without feeling embarrassed. I think he's against skin lightening.. :(

So how do I bring it up?

Btw, the cream only lightened my spots not my whole complexion.

Thanks!:)
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

Oct 12, 2009, 09:08 AM

I don't think you should ask him anymore. Just try and go to a different dermatologist and see if you can get something from them. Or just try lightening your skin with products that you don't need a prescription for. But don't use anything dangerous. Check the ingredients first and soak up all the knowledge from the boards that you can.
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Oct 12, 2009, 05:09 PM
    Do not be embarrassed to talk to a dermatologist about it, that is their job and they're used to seeing patients with all sorts of things going on. Doctors are there to help you not to judge you no matter how embarrassing.

What he'll give you is a 4% hydroquinone cream and if your mother says it's OK and will pay for it why not? I just purchased a 4% cream myself by passed the derms all together. You can get a cream online for much cheaper.
    so sexy Posts: 532, Reputation: 12

Oct 14, 2009, 12:01 PM

I totally understand, I too have never asked for lightening creams thinking how they may look at you weird...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you still use lightening creams in summer? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Here in France the weather is very hot since last week and I was wondering if it useless or not to continue using lightening creams?I read that with lightening creams skin is more sensitive to UV so isn't it like the lightening cream will have no effects? I put sunscreen every morning before...

What are the best skin lightening creams? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for a skin lightener (not meladerm) to make me about 1 or 2 shades lighter. Any suggestions?

Where can I get skin lightening creams [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I get skin lightening products. I have gone to walgreens and walmart amongst other locations were I assumed skin lightening products would be available.but I haven't really found any good products. Help!!

Lightening creams [ 1 Answers ]

Will my lightening cream work if I cover it with a moisturizer twice a day

View more questions Search