Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Biesdan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2011, 04:35 PM
    13 year old furnace blower won't come on? Ignition works fine.
    I have a 13 year old furnace. The blower is not kicking on, however the electric ignition is working and lighting. I am wondering if this could be the thermocouple, or the blower motor?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2011, 05:23 PM
    It isn't the thermocouple, that is tied into the gas ignition side. Can you hear the motor try to start? If it hums and slowly rotates, it is the start capacitor. If nothing happens, it could be the motor or the fan relay. You'll have to look things over a bit more and get back to us.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a trane eletric ignition heater and blower furnace is heating up but no blower [ 1 Answers ]

My thermostat is a white /rodgers module this clicks to start but no air blowing from the furnace in the attic which is a trane model and the same with cold air the thermostat clicks the ducane model outside whirs but no cols air.

A/C and heat don't work, blower works fine [ 0 Answers ]

Turned on my A/C and soon found out it wasn't blowing cool air, then tried the heat and that did n kick in ether, the blower works fine, and the thermostat turns off and on the blower fine, MODEL: Carrier 40AQ024300BU

Furnace heats fine,circulates fine, but when put on a/c blower motor goes on and off [ 0 Answers ]

The furnace works fine all winter, no issues only when it is switched aver to a/c does it do this.

Blower turns on and off / flame works fine [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Luxaire Delux High Efficiency Furnace (PBNU-LD12N1000)that probably isn't to efficient since it's about 15 years old. I recently bought a new home and have had trouble with the blower in the furnace turning off before the house is heated to the correct temp. It will then turn itself back...

Intermittent blower on a/c only, works fine with heat [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1997 or 98 Coleman Natural Gas Furnace with A/C. The blower works fine during the winter when I use heat. When I use the A/C, it seems that once the blower starts working for a bit on a hot day, it evetually (if on for more than 10 minutes at a time or so) starts kicking on and off while...

View more questions Search