Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doriam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2007, 10:47 PM
    Preparing common size income statements
    How do you prepare common size income statements?
    Dawn23 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2007, 07:49 AM
    To prepare a common size income statement, is to turn value into percentages with a common demonitor. Item/reference item. In an income statement the reference item is the sales, revenue... and it is always 100% because 1/1=100% Then go down through each item on income statement and turn into %. Ex: Cost of Goods sold: 120,000
    sales: 1,000,000= 120,000/1,000,000=12% so cost of goods sold is 12% of sales. If you are comparing 2 years, do the same for each year, and put next to on income statement to show comparison.
    2000 2001
    sales 100% 100%
    CGS 12% 15%
    hope this helps;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adjusting accounts and preparing financial statements [ 2 Answers ]

The office supplies account started the year with a $4,000 balance. During 2008, the company purchased supplies for $13,400, which was added to the office supplies account. The inventory of supplies available at December 31,2008, totaled $2,554.

Common size percent [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone tell me how to figure out the common size percent of an income statement?

Common size percents-Income statement [ 1 Answers ]

How can I calculate common size percents when dealing with a 3 year income statement? I think I understand the two because you are subtracting the difference and then doing the percentage but I don't understand how to do the three column.

Preparing income statement [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone I am new to this site and desperately need some help with the following, any input would be greatly appreciated. The following selected information is taken from the records of Beckstrom Corporation. Accounts Payable $35,000 Accounts Receivables 65,000 Advertising...

Preparing statements [ 2 Answers ]

I need to prepare a multiple-step income statement, a statement of retained earnings, and a classified balance sheet for the year ended December 31, 2002. Here is the information I was provided. (millions, except per share data) 2002 Accounts payable 619.0 Accounts receivable, net 741.0 ...

View more questions Search