Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2005, 11:06 AM
    Need a Simple Guestbook Recommendation
    I've been burned before: A site wiped out from my stupidity in not updating the script.

I recently installed VIPER Guestbook: I like it's simplicity and features, but now see that it will no longer be updated... so don't want to keep it.

Can anyone recommend a simple, secure Guestbook script?

Thanks!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 1, 2005, 11:23 AM
    Have you tried HTMLGear from Lycos pretty good stuff and does more than just guest books.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2005, 11:53 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion... but I see those scripts cost.

My fault: I failed to say that I want a freebie. :o
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 1, 2005, 12:04 PM
    They do do free ones, but they come with ads, another good reason to change over to Firefox ;)

There's a shed load HERE

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Stopping Bots from submitting to my Guestbook. [ 9 Answers ]

I've got a guestbook entry page that is slammed by bots. I know there are apps to install like this, but I prefer something simpler. I tried form validation with Dreamweaver on this test page but it does not work. I've got validation set for the "verification" field to be a number between...

Easy way to stop bots from trying to spam my guestbook? [ 10 Answers ]

OK, I know I can install something like this, but I really don't want to install anything. Check out what this guy is doing at the bottom of his page: Franklin Acquisition Advisors I love that! Anyone know how to do it? I'm using dreamweaver, and find that if I assign a value to that...

Software recommendation. [ 12 Answers ]

I'm tired of trying to use Excel as a database. Navigating to what I want amongst the rows, columns and tabs is becoming a nightmare. My needs are simple: to organize info and sometimes convert it for use on a website. Blew my mind to see the prices! MyDatabase at about $30 seems to cover...

Book Recommendation [ 10 Answers ]

I just finished reading Michael Crichton's State of Fear. I think its one of the most important books I have ever read in my lifetime (and I'm an avid reader). I would strongly urge everyone to run out and get a copy (its in paperback or at your local library) and read it immediately.

View more questions Search