Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Apr 3, 2010, 05:09 PM
    VPN IKE Negotiation Error
    Trying to get an Adtran 3200 and Cisco 2811 to play nice VPN together. Getting "Received Vendor ID not registered with IKE" in debug output during IKE negotiation on Adtran. The Adtran VPN config works successfully with another Adtran unit, so thinking my Cisco config is a tad off or a compatibility issue. Insight welcome.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Apr 6, 2010, 07:35 PM

Response from Adtran was "Received Vendor ID not registered with IKE usually indicates an option or feature the remote vendor is using that the local router does not support. In nearly every instance, this is not a critical error that would keep the VPN from negotiating."

They were correct. Turned out the problem was an incorrect IP address on the public interface of the initiating router resulting in messages from the remote router never making their way back to the initiating router. Yet, despite the incorrect address, the router has functioned as an Internet gateway for over six years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low AC voltage after service restoration > after Ike in Houston [ 3 Answers ]

After the lights came back on the lights are dim and the a/c won't run. I suspect one of the legs on the A/C service is opened up. An AC voltmeter reads 78-80, depending on which outlet I check in the house for voltage. I did a small experiment, shutting off every breaker in the house exccept...

Mortgage negotiation [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone ever heard of mortgage negotiation? I am trying to find info on a company called Save My Home Now, Inc out of Long Island NY. Any help is appreciated!

Salary Negotiation [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I just recently applied for a position as a food service director. This position includes management of 5 kitchens in various schools. These schools are located in Worthington, MN and surrounding towns. I am very excited because I just got the job offer! There are a couple...

View more questions Search