Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carter25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2008, 03:57 PM
    Furnace very loud rumble in it's burning series
    I have a furnace Beckett Model "afg" series oil burner that just started today very loud rumble when in it's burning series. If anybody knows the answer would appreciate the feedback as soon as can. Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Apr 15, 2008, 08:50 PM
    Sounds like it is tune up time. New nozzle,filter,clean pump screen, regap electrodes,check high voltage transformer,set/check pump pressure, adjust air over burner,inspect combustion chamber/fire box, and barometric damper to name just a few things that should be done on a tune up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Just Got a new furnace, very LOUD [ 14 Answers ]

My 25 year old home needed new furnaces. The main floor is about 2600 sq ft and the upstairs 1000 sq ft. There is 2 HVAC systems, one larger than the other. Yesterday we had them both replaced with Goodman 80% furnaces and upgraded to variable speed fan. We also got new compressors and...

Payne PG9M furnace makes noise rumble shakes can't find the source of it. [ 3 Answers ]

Well I have looked and looked but can't seem to put my finger on it. It's obviously a noise, best description I can give is I was in the basement and I thought a helecopter or train was going by the house. Nope, it was the furnace. So it's a low rumble vibration from the furnace. Here's the...

Clayton wood burning furnace [ 0 Answers ]

Iam wanting to sell my clayton wood burning furnace. Model 7.1v 5.6v and has a water heating packet of copper pipe that returns to a water heater. What are the btu's of this unit and about what should it be worth.

Furnace Extremely Loud When AC is On [ 3 Answers ]

About 2 months ago we turned our AC on for the first time this year. We noticed that after about 15-30 minutes, the furnace/central air unit makes a very loud, low pitched humming noise that does not stop until we turn off the AC. This doesn't happen when we have the Heat on, and it didn't happen...

Burning Rubber Smell Kenmore 90 Series Washer [ 1 Answers ]

A burning rubber smell is coming from the washer when it is running. This is the first time this washser has done this. Could it be a bad motor? How can I begin troubleshooting this? Specifically, it is a Kenmore 90 Series Heavy Duty Super Capacity Plus Washer with Quiet Pack, whatever that is......

View more questions Search