Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dale carter Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2008, 08:41 AM
    Paying child support
    In the state of Illinois if you become unemployed with no income. What is the minimum amount of child support that you are required to pay according to Illinois state child support statute and where can this information be obtained. ( child support on one child and no marriage involved).
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2008, 08:57 AM
    Just curious: was there a marriage?
    Check this: Child Support Enforcement, Illinois Child Support
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 7, 2008, 03:43 PM
    It would normally be set at 20 percent of min wage for the state.

But the court may look at other factors and set it at a different, there is no "for sure" amount.

Calculating a Child Support Obligation
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Jun 10, 2008, 07:09 AM
    Child Support can be tricky. If it has already been established it will require you to file a motion to get it modified or reduced in your time of unemployment. If not it continues to be "charged" at the rate it was established. There is also an ability to earn aspect that is taken into account when you are unemployed, because some people have become less employed or earned less or go back to school and earn nothing, etc. So it is required of you to petition the court and present your set of circumstances. In Illinois child support is paid on a per child percentage basis much like most states and Illinois is as follows: one child: 20% of net income
    Two children: 28% of net income
    Three children: 32% of net income
    Four children: 40% of net income
    Five children: 45% of net income
    Six or more children: 50% of net income
    Being proactive rather than reactive will be your best bet along with seeking new employment. Best of Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father paying child support [ 3 Answers ]

Can a father that gets ssi still have to pay child support. He can work but he don't want to. I have 4 kids and he don't pay.

Ex-Wife not paying child support of seeing the child [ 10 Answers ]

We just recently got the divorce final my I got custody and she is suppose to have visitation every other weekend she will pick her up Friday and drop her off Saturday. She was suppose to take her for the whole month of June and July but said she cannot because she has no one to watch her. She...

Leaving US to get away from paying child support [ 4 Answers ]

My baby's dad is leaving the country to live in Indonesia so he won't have to pay child support.Can he really get away with this.He is on probation for DUI for the next 3 yrs.He took me to court 3 months ago for custody hoping that he will get full or at least 50% custody.The judge grant me with...

Paying child support [ 5 Answers ]

My question actually is not that simple. Let me start by giving you some history. My wife had a child before her and I was married. She lived with her parents who helped raised her until we got married. Anyway her parents don't like me and has not been to thrilled with me doing anything with...

Should I let me ex quit paying Child Support? [ 5 Answers ]

Is it ever wise to waive a child support payment in return for spousal cooperation or more time with the child? I no longer absolutely need the child support since I remarried.

View more questions Search