Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shell30666 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 12:25 PM
    Giving up rights to a child
    :D when a father gives up his rights, does he still have to pay child support? Is that the law in Illinois?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2007, 12:29 PM
    Yes, he will still have to pay support. In other words, if he does this, he will be paying to have absolutely no say whatsoever in the child's life or well-being.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 24, 2007, 12:29 PM
    If you checked the umpteen threads on this same issue, you would have found the answer. Parental Right and parental responsibility are separate. Giving up rights does not mean giving up responsibility. Child support is the responsibility of the non-custodial parent.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2007, 06:03 PM
    Yes, unless someone else legally adopts the child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support / giving up rights? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 22 years old, I have a 5 year old daughter, she is raised very well, by myself and my parents. I filed for child support when she was born and never received anything. Now I just want to end everything I started. I don't care about money and I certainly don't need it. I have come a very long...

About child support and giving up parental rights in Florida [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all! I am in need of serious help and have no where else to turn at this point. When I was 6months pregnant. My son's father sat on my stomach in attempt to hurt the child. He does not want anything to do with the child really, his mother is behind all of it. In Florida the grandparent's...

Giving up rights [ 7 Answers ]

I have been paying child support for 3 years for my son. The judge ordered that I had visitation rights every other weekend. She won't let me see him every other weekend and she will only let me see him when she is willing been to court a lot of times and still nothing. So I have came up with...

Giving up rights [ 3 Answers ]

The mother of my child has been very unfair with me, my question is if I relinquish my rights from my son, do I still pay support?

Child Support - Giving up Parental Rights [ 2 Answers ]

If the biological farther signs his rights away to avoid paying child support - does he has to go to court for this and will this be legal and will he no longer have to pay child support?

View more questions Search