Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sajjw Posts: 117, Reputation: 9

Feb 18, 2009, 05:06 AM
    Damp proofing solid flint walls
    I have damp problems so have removed the old lath & plaster stud walls, which has revealed a thick solid flint wall which is also damp (my house is 250 years old). How should I treat the flint wall before replacing the studwork with foilbacked plasterboard?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 18, 2009, 06:05 AM

Wow ! sajjw, no answer but I am amazed at the age of your house ! Out of curiosity, came across this website and wondered if this chap may have some answers for you:

http://www.kiplinger.com/features/ar...5/historichome
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2009, 03:18 PM

Is This actual flint natural rock? If it's a natural product go to a masonry supply house and ask for a good sealer that breaths one way. Professional sealers are there and not at a big box stores. It's a bit pricey getting commercial grade sealers but you want it to last.

Signed 21 Boat

If I Helped To Answer Your Question Please Rate My Answer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Would like to find Biological dad -Flint Michigan area [ 9 Answers ]

I decided to see if anyone knows the best (free) way of finding my biological father. I was conceived near Flint Michigan by a man named Daniel Gordon. This was in 1981 and he was between the ages of 20-23. My mom and him dated briefly until he left her for another woman. Supposedly he went off...

Damp proofing [ 1 Answers ]

How much does it cost to have damp proffing done

Judgement proofing my assets [ 3 Answers ]

I have a disputed balance with a credit card company. They won't adjust or stop adding what I consider huge charges to the balance. I expect them to soon seek a judgement. What can I do? Ugene

View more questions Search