Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2008, 02:23 PM
    Hun the piercing is not very old. It is in fact still new enough that there could be some swelling present and you may not even notice. Give it a little more time.

Do not change the jewelry too much because the piercing is still so fresh. You actually should have waited 6 weeks before changing it.
    1guyver2 Posts: 38, Reputation: 3

Jul 1, 2008, 10:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    Hun the piercing is not very old. It is in fact still new enough that there could be some swelling present and you may not even notice. Give it a little more time.

Do not change the jewelry too much because the piercing is still so fresh. You actually should have waited 6 weeks before changing it.
    Aww you already told me that I know I'm srry but I'm just anxious and I know I need to wait
    It definitely still seems to be swelled up a bit

I don't know the guy said to come in 10 days after the piercing for them to change it so I didn't change it the piercer did
    bridgitpatak Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Jul 1, 2008, 01:35 PM
    Don't let anyone fool you - it hurts! Your tongue swells and you can't eat anything. I did it and removed it within the first week.
    ttara81 Posts: 161, Reputation: 9

Jul 7, 2008, 12:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420

Nauticalstar was correct about this... I know it's too late because you've already changed it, but you need to wait a while to give your tongue a while to heal completely and adjust to the new piercing... also, as long as your tongue is still swollen, the tongue ring (no matter the size) is not going to fit correctly and will feel a little uncomfortable.

I had my tongue pierced about 10yrs ago. The indent that you're talking about never went away for me... in fact, I removed the piercing about 4 yrs ago and you can still see the indentation on my tongue. Also, the tongue ring is going to lay to the side a bit when you close your mouth... that's just natural for it to do that because there's not much room for it to be straight when you close your mouth. Be sure and take good care of it... good luck with it!
    1guyver2 Posts: 38, Reputation: 3

Jul 7, 2008, 03:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ttara81
    Nauticalstar was correct about this....I know it's too late because you've already changed it, but you need to wait a while to give your tongue a while to heal completely and adjust to the new piercing.......also, as long as your tongue is still swollen, the tongue ring (no matter the size) is not going to fit correctly and will feel a little uncomfortable.

I had my tongue pierced about 10yrs ago. The indent that you're talking about never went away for me....in fact, I removed the piercing about 4 yrs ago and you can still see the indentation on my tongue. Also, the tongue ring is gonna lay to the side a bit when you close your mouth.....that's just natural for it to do that because there's not much room for it to be straight when you close your mouth. Be sure and take good care of it....good luck with it!
    OK I gottcha there is very little swelling only noticeably when I flatten my tongue out after about 3 weeks and there isn't really an indent I think it just appeared that way because of the white goo around where the ball seemed to sit? I still have white goo coming out how much longer will this be going on for? It doesn't hurt at all so I know its not infected
    angellovesdemon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2009, 09:52 PM

I actually have a question. I am wanting to get my tongue pierced and I was wanting to know what it feels like and I was also wanting to know if it bleeds really badly
    waychulmonster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2011, 07:48 AM
    @angellovesdemon Mine did not hurt that bad, however it does hurt more if your nervous. Mine felt like I bit my tongue, but it did not bleed at all. I got mine done yesterday. The healing process does suck. You have to teach yourself how to eat and speak again and it feels weird to swallow but you will get used to it. Just make sure to clean it with alcohol free mouthwash diluted with water. 50% mouthwash 50% water. Biotene or crest pro health works great. :)
    Sierraxoxo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2013, 09:50 AM
    I got my tongue pierced yesterday and today it's very sore and swollen. I've been sucking on ice pops and ice. But as far as getting it done, that part doesn't hurt much at all. The next few days though are the worst. Take 2 ibuprofen every 4 hours, that should help with the swelling. Also every time you eat drink or smoke you need to wash your mouth out with mouth wash mixed with water. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tongue Piercing [ 35 Answers ]

I just thoguth aobut tongue piercing and began imagining how mad it would be. Having a piece of metal in your mouth. I want to get one of these when I'm older, because its pretty easy to hide, and doesn't make you seem like a punk or anything (unlike eyebrow studs or anything. Can people tell me...

My Tongue Piercing. [ 12 Answers ]

Umm I was just curious if anyone could give me any advice because recently my tongue has really swelled up again to the point were its painful, talking hurts, moving my tongue hurts, eating and drinking hurts. I have a big ball of swelling right around the barbell that's around the size of a round...

Do tongue piercings hurt? [ 19 Answers ]

I want to get my tongue pierced but I'm real scared that it will hurt because my tongue is thick and I can't stand the thought of a needle going through my tongue. I don't even think they will be able to pierce it because knowing me I will probably flinch lol. And another thing I wanted to know is...

Does tongue piercing hurt? [ 29 Answers ]

Hey guys I'm 15 and id like to get my tongue piercied profesionally but I'm scared that it hurts.does it hurt?and does blood come out? Message me asap tnx

Tongue Piercing, white tongue, ulcer spot? [ 3 Answers ]

Pierced it 5 days ago. Situated in front of the pierced hole, there is what appears to be an 'ulcer' type looking spot. Can anyone shed some light for me please?:(

View more questions Search