Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meganbraden Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2009, 11:13 PM
    Protecting my son.
    Where do I begin... my son just turned six and his biological father will be back from the vacation with bars on the wall in Dec 2013... he has never seen him, nor is his name on the birth certificate... I'm terrified of the unknown when he gets released... he was imprisoned in another state... but I'd like to know if he is ever able to try to waltz into my son's life at his leisure... is there anything I can do to stop this from EVER happening?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 23, 2009, 06:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by meganbraden View Post
    is there anything I can do to stop this from EVER happening?
    Hello megan:

Not really. He has right to his child just like you do. If he's a DANGER to the child, then you can make sure his visits are supervised...

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 23, 2009, 06:05 AM

He can't just show up at your door and want to take the child. However, he may be abloe to go to court to petition for visitation rights.

I would consult an attorney and see if something can be done now to either deny visitation or, provide only for supervised visitation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Protecting a Friend [ 4 Answers ]

I am 18 years old. I have a younger, female friend (I'm a girl too) who is 16. She has run away from her parents due to physical, and mental abuse. She is afraid to go to the local authorities because her little brother is Autistic, and afraid to be away from his parents. She doesn't want to pull...

Protecting people [ 1 Answers ]

Name two ways you could support a person with learning disabilitys to reduce their own vulnerabilitys

Protecting OSB [ 4 Answers ]

After framing, roofing, and putting up OSB, how long is it safe to leave standing, open to the weather, before covering with Tyvek?

Protecting Brass [ 5 Answers ]

Any one have any suggestions for preventing brass kick plate on my front door from tarnishing? I considered clear laquer but need any alternatives.

Am I protecting myself... [ 16 Answers ]

So OK - a while back I posted a thread telling you about how I cried tears of happiness for the first time and how I was falling in love with Pete. I had began opening up to Pete and opening my heart up - but now I feel really vulnerable and feel uncomfortable exposing myself - but I don't...

View more questions Search