Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shulta44 Posts: 97, Reputation: 4

Jul 25, 2009, 04:43 AM
    Exterior painting on Hardi board
    As the weather changes my projects are moving outside. Another problem I have is my Hardi board siding is peeling in some spots. Mostly in valleys, where the siding meets the roof line. I am going to scrape and sand it, but what would be the best primer to prevent future peeling? A friend suggested XMA primer. Has anyone used?
    Thanks
    shulta44
    bwtyree Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2009, 08:29 AM

I used KILZ 2 on mine and haven't had any problems.
    shulta44 Posts: 97, Reputation: 4

Jul 25, 2009, 08:38 AM
    Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Exterior paint for hardy board [ 2 Answers ]

Should I use semi-gloss for satin paint on a new addition covered with hardy board

Installing Hardi Board as Side [ 2 Answers ]

I am having hardi board installed on the outside of a garage that was converted to a bedroom. The individual doing the work stated that there is about 6 inches to over a foot of concrete foundation that goes around the room that was laid as the subfloor, so when installing the hardi board siding...

Hardi board calking flusterations [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have been fighting the calking on my house .the house is new and all the siding is not done yet ,but the areas on the butts of the hardy board expands and contracts enough that in the hot summer the boards expand and push the calk out of the butt joint ,and in the winter they shrink enough...

Hardi board over Concrete? [ 8 Answers ]

I am just starting to install the Hardie board on my new house and I have about10 sqft on the bottom that is concrete. I know how to install it on concrete but is it a good idea??

Staining hardi board siding [ 1 Answers ]

I have hardi board lap siding that is pre primed and I want to know if it will take semi tranparent stain. If I have to go to a solid color stain or a house paint which will hold up better or even absorb into the siding. Thanks

View more questions Search